Options

Purchase Order Direct unit cost changes

UmakaranamUmakaranam Member Posts: 13
Hi all,
One of my client is using the Navision 4.0 sp3 Native Database.
i have activated the changelog setup for Purchase header & purchase line table for all the fields.

client has made some purchase orders.in that some of them are released and they have taken the order print also.
after few days we observed that some of released orders direct unit cost has been changed.
we checked the change log entry.it shows the modifications has done for direct unit cost with time diference of 10-15 seconds by one user who has super user role.

we are thinking that it happend bcoz of manual modification.

Is there any other reason for these changes? can any one give the reasons for this....?

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Umakaranam wrote:
    Is there any other reason for these changes? can any one give the reasons for this....?

:-k :-k :-k

Surely the only person that will know the answer to that question is the person that made the changes? :?:
    David Singleton
  • Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    i doesn't understand the question. Did you ask the person how makes the changes, why he change the direct unit cost ...?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    If it is an user ID with super user roles, then you should ask him for clarity.
    If it is a super user ID, then to avoid such things further, just delete any such IDs which throws anonymity. Use the specific user ID with super role instead.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • Options
    hardik_shahhardik_shah Member Posts: 219
    Umakaranam i think the only reason is someone editing rates.....changes in rates is
    really critical issue ](*,) it isn't possible automatically....

U need to focus on rights...in my company i was also facing same problem that time i
    wasn't activate change log. in this case you might be facing problem with Purchase Rate
    also.
  • Options
    UmakaranamUmakaranam Member Posts: 13
    Hi,
    we asked the user,but he say's he could'nt change any rates.then how it can happen ..?
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    Then someone knows his user id and password or the user has forgotten.

The change log has told you it is the user, therefore it is the user id - and whoever uses it.

tighten up your security as suggested.

Basically someone went in and changed the unit cost - why? Well you have to ask the user that did it, whoever they are.

Not much anyone here can do :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    hardik_shahhardik_shah Member Posts: 219
    Right...we can trust on change log more than user :mrgreen:

Login with that user id and try to change...check it out you can do it or not...

and be careful now onwards user can't play with rates [-X

Good Luck Umakaranam