International Characters - Cannot enter

Fred_DeutschFred_Deutsch Member Posts: 51
edited 2009-06-25 in Navision Financials
Using Financials US 1.20(US2.00.C)
We have a customer in Brazil and its name is "Associação Congregação"
We have been told that we MUST have the proper characters on our paperwork but no matter what I do it appears as this:

Associaçao Congregaçao

I have tried many many different fonts and the 'ç' always appears and prints but not the 'ã'

Fred Deutsch

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Multi language font support was not so great in 2.00. Can you do an executable upgrade to a newer version.
    If not you may have to sort out the correct 2.00 executables, license and STX files to make this work.
    David Singleton
  • Fred_DeutschFred_Deutsch Member Posts: 51
    This was the highest version our dealer said was available even tho MS records said we are eligible for up to 3.6 - even spoke with team MS and they just want a ton of money. They said the intermediate versions are just not physically available.
    This was the highest version our dealer said was available even tho MS records said we are eligible for up to 3.6 - even spoke with team MS and they just want a ton of money. They said the intermediate versions are just not physically available.

3.6 did have some issue with the license. Theoretically if you had a 3.6 license you should automatically have a 3.70 license (the 3.xx granule) but I did see some issues where it didn't work and the license had to be sent back to be fixed. (I don't mean the additional object ranges, thats a normal issue, but the exe issue).

Either way though if you have a 3.60 license at least upgrade to that version. Most of the differences from 3.60 to 4.00 exe wise were to do with SQL, so that wont affect you.
    As to physically available, ... of course they are, some one has the disks somewhere.
    David Singleton
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    As to physically available, ... of course they are, some one has the disks somewhere.
    NAV 4.0, NAV 5.0, NAV 2009 are all available on MSDN, just not in all versions :)
    DenSter wrote:
    NAV 4.0, NAV 5.0, NAV 2009 are all available on MSDN, just not in all versions :)

3.6 :whistle:
    David Singleton
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    Stick with 2.00 if you plan to use Windows Vista or later versions of Windows. If you upgrade your .exe to version 3.6 and greater or less than 5.0, you will need to use XP forever.
    Bottom line is that our company had so many problems with our original provider and such poor support that we decided long ago to forego the annual fees for upgrades and support, would have been whenever 3.60 was released, we purchased lots of Tables/Forms/Reports, etc, the App Builder and I taught myself Navision.

Microsoft will not furnish any upgraded software and will not make us a license unless we retroactively pay them for all the fees we opted out of. I don't think they are playing fair, I believe we are entitled to upgrades up to the point we stopped paying the fees but theres nothing I can do that made any sense either to me or Company Management. We are MSDN members but we would still need a license file no matter what. Our registered Solution Provider is a good friend of mine and he tried his very best but MS would not budge even to 3.xx
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    another solution I can think you could use is to store the address as a bitmap and print that on the report.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    Bottom line is that our company had so many problems with our original provider and such poor support that we decided long ago to forego the annual fees for upgrades and support, would have been whenever 3.60 was released, we purchased lots of Tables/Forms/Reports, etc, the App Builder and I taught myself Navision.

Microsoft will not furnish any upgraded software and will not make us a license unless we retroactively pay them for all the fees we opted out of. I don't think they are playing fair, I believe we are entitled to upgrades up to the point we stopped paying the fees but theres nothing I can do that made any sense either to me or Company Management. We are MSDN members but we would still need a license file no matter what. Our registered Solution Provider is a good friend of mine and he tried his very best but MS would not budge even to 3.xx

If you purchased the app builder and the version was 3.60 then you most likely have a 3.60 license, the configurator will always automatically update a license if you have paid maintenance at that point, so most likely your license has the right to use 3.60. Look in the license info and see if you see a line "3.xx *****"

It is of course possible that you purchased the app builder granule in 2.xx and thus your license did not get refreshed.

As for the software (CDs) don't worry about that, some how you will find them.

PS: I tell all my customers, that the day Navision release a new version, call their partner and DEMAND an updated license immediately for exactly this reason. Every partner that takes money from their clients for upgrades has a moral obligation to deliver the software that is paid for. I can never comprehend partners that don't want to give their customers new licenses unless there is a specific reason for it. Though I do get a good laugh from some of the stories partners use about why they don't do this.
    David Singleton
    Alex Chow wrote:
    Stick with 2.00 if you plan to use Windows Vista or later versions of Windows. If you upgrade your .exe to version 3.6 and greater or less than 5.0, you will need to use XP forever.

But how will that solve the Code page issues?
    David Singleton
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Alex Chow wrote:

Also they can skip vista and use windows 7 and run NAV in VM xp mode
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
    ara3n wrote:
    skip vista

Now that is the best thing I read all day :mrgreen:
    David Singleton

Your friend is not doing a very good job.

There's a promotion out (not sure if it expired) which Microsoft will forego the lapsed years if you prepay for 3 years of renewal.
    edited 2009-06-25
    ara3n wrote:
    Alex Chow wrote:

Also they can skip vista and use windows 7 and run NAV in VM xp mode

Yeah, there are work arounds... One way to ensure job security I guess...
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    You can also try setting the registry..
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage

Acp->1252
    oemcp->1252
    <restart>
    Seems to work well for us. It was brought up here:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25554

Have you tried Start->Run->Charmap->Find the char->Select->go to nav & try Paste.
    Here is our license file, just Company name, ph # and Lic # redacted:
    Why it says 1 phase of 3 and Atlanta is beyond me

Microsoft Business Solutions ApS A/S Licensefile
    (C) Microsoft Business Solutions ApS
    ****************************************************************************
    License number : US-ZA-001-XXXXX-P
    Licensed to : Company Name, Inc.
    Phase 1 of 3
    1 Phase Of 3

Atlanta, GA 30336
    USA
    805-XXX-XXXX
    Granule ID Name Amount Expires

1,100 Company 4
    1,200 Session 38
    1,320 Database Expansion per 1 GB 1
    1,400 User IDs & Passwords 1
    1,410 Permissions 1
    1,520 Server - Windows NT (Intel) 1
    1,700 C/ODBC 1
    3,010 General Ledger - Basic General Ledger 1
    3,030 General Ledger - Budgets 1
    3,040 General Ledger - Financial Schedules 1
    3,050 General Ledger - Consolidation 1
    3,260 Sales & Receivables - Basic Receivables 1
    3,270 Sales & Receivables - Sales Invoicing 1
    3,280 Sales & Receivables - Sales Order Management 1
    3,290 Sales & Receivables - Sales Invoice Discounts 1
    3,300 Sales & Receivables - Customer/Item Discounts 1
    3,310 Sales & Receivables - Alternative Ship-To's 1
    3,510 Purchases & Payables - Basic Payables 1
    3,520 Purchases & Payables - Purchase Invoicing 1
    3,530 Purchases & Payables - Purchase Order Managem 1
    3,550 Purchases & Payables - Requisition Management 1
    3,770 Application Wide - Drop Shipments 1
    3,780 Application Wide - Salespeople/Purchasers 1
    3,800 Application Wide - Extended Descriptions 1
    4,010 Inventory - Basic Inventory 1
    4,030 Inventory - Multiple Sales Prices 1
    4,040 Inventory - Multiple Locations 1
    4,050 Inventory - Alternative Vendors 1
    4,060 Inventory - Bill of Materials 1
    4,760 Application Wide - Departments & Projects 1
    5,010 Cash Manager - Bank Account Management 1
    5,020 Cash Manager - Check Writing 1
    5,030 Cash Manager - Bank Reconciliation 1
    7,110 Report & Dataport Designer 1
    7,120 Form Designer 1
    7,130 Table Designer 1
    7,200 Application Builder 1
    7,800 Application Object - Form 16
    7,900 Application Object - Report 1
    8,100 Application Object - Codeunit 12
    8,200 Application Objects - Tables (10) 7
    8,300 Application Objects - Forms (100) 2
    8,400 Application Objects - Reports (100) 4

As I had mentioned before, we had so many problems with our provider, we never even thought about latest versions etc. for more than three years we struggled with code fixes that fixed one specific thing and broke 5 other things. We went as far as using an attorney to demand they get our software to work, we complained to Navision (when it was Navision) and to MS afterwards. Finally the bosses asked me to do nothing but study Navision and to hell with the provider, after a few months of work I actually was able to fix all the problems that the "professionals" couldn't and not because I am so good but because the provider was so lazy and unqualified. We were also repeatedly told that ANY upgrade required a complete analysis of all code and would cost tens of thousands of dollars each time, so that was never pursued.
    Savatage wrote:
    You can also try setting the registry..
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Nls\CodePage

Acp->1252
    oemcp->1252
    <restart>
    Seems to work well for us. It was brought up here:
    viewtopic.php?f=7&t=25554

Have you tried Start->Run->Charmap->Find the char->Select->go to nav & try Paste.

One million thanks to you sir, changing the OEMCP to 1252 made it work - hopefully it won't break anything.

BTW I grew up in Roslyn.....

Thanks again
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Roslyn's a very nice place my sis has got a house there.

the one downside, The Registry edit must be done on all computers that will print this character.