Options

Nav 5.0 DB on Nav Classic Client

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear all,

Unfortunately I have opened the NAV 5 DB(native) on Nav Classic Client. And I have seen some newly created tables in the Object designer
{2000000071 ..2000000079 Series Tables ID. }

I'm not able to remove those tables from the db.But I need this DB on version nav 5.0

How to downgrade from Converted DB(nav2009) to Nav 5 DB ?

Is this converted db have any extra object level property which are not present in NaV 5 DB ?

kindly reply [-o<
Now or Never

Comments

• Options
    TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    Have you tried to back it up using the nav backup utility then restore it back in 5.0 SP1?

t
  • Options
    David_CoxDavid_Cox Member Posts: 509
    navuser1 wrote:
    Dear all,
    Unfortunately I have opened the NAV 5 DB(native) on Nav Classic Client. And I have seen some newly created tables in the Object designer
    {2000000071 ..2000000079 Series Tables ID. }
    This range is reserved and used by the application during conversion, backup and restore, was this a part restored version 5 before conversion that did not complete, this could be due to needing expanding during conversion or restore or a system error, did the user end the process in task manager or cold boot the system?

If this is not a live production database you could try selecting restore and it may continue to complete from where it left off.

You may also find that the index keys have not been built correctly even empty and some views will not show correctly.

As already said a backup and restore to a new correctly sized database allowing the full process should work, I think these tables are ignored when backing up, but I do not think you can go back to an earlier version so an exe upgrade might be the only way :(

David
    Analyst Developer with over 17 years Navision, Contract Status - Busy
    Mobile: +44(0)7854 842801
    Email: david.cox@adeptris.com
    Twitter: https://twitter.com/Adeptris