About 5.0 Attachment functionality

sv_semisv_semi Member Posts: 2
Hi everyone,

I am new to NAV 5.0, so plz tell me about the attachment functionality of NAV 5.0
Does it have the facility to create a text or word file also..plz tell all of the options available
in the attachment functionality..
moreover i have vista home premium on my laptop n im not abl to install NAV 4.0 on it,it requires any patch??
from where i can get that??
thx..

Comments

• SD-JRSD-JR Member Posts: 94
    Hi,

4.0SP3 with vista, versions and regions can be found on MIBUSO.

Are you and end user or student?

Your question on attachements is very vague, start with some of the online tutorials or user guides.
    Regards,

Ger
    Simply Dynamics Ltd
    Web: www.simplydynamics.ie
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    When you say Attachments are you talking about the Record Links?

http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/news ... AV50FS.pdf
    Companies often have a lot of relevant information they need to refer to in unstructured formats and sources like emails and web sites. In Microsoft Dynamics NAV, you can add links to any web site or file stored on the document management system such as Microsoft SharePoint. For example, you could create links from an item in Microsoft Dynamics NAV to a product web site, a video demo of the product, images of the product, or to other documents created in Microsoft Office. Links can be created in any form in Microsoft Dynamics NAV.

Record links can also be moving links. This means that when the same information is automatically moved from one area in an application to another, the link will follow. For example, links created in quotes are automatically copied to the relevant sales order when it is created, and to the invoice when it is posted.
  • MammoMammo Member Posts: 107
    Hi,

When I attach a document using record link with a purchase order in purchase line . I dont find it with posted purchase invoice. How can I see the same document attachments with posted purchase invoice. I assumed that it will move the same documents as also mentioned in this quote below;
    Alex Chow wrote:
    This means that when the same information is automatically moved from one area in an application to another, the link will follow. For example, links created in quotes are automatically copied to the relevant sales order when it is created, and to the invoice when it is posted.

Can any one suggest how it will move with or does it require any setup?

Regards,
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    This was a bit buggy in some of the earlier releases with some hotfixes released to resolve this issue.

You may need to get a copy of the latest version to see this working
    jannestig wrote:
    This was a bit buggy in some of the earlier releases with some hotfixes released to resolve this issue.

You may need to get a copy of the latest version to see this working

I am using Navision 5 with SQL 2005 database, do you mean I need to upgrdae NAV 2009 to fix this problem?
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    no not at all i merely meant you may wish check which version of objects you are running or indeed download the latest version of 5 sp1 and try the same thing there. you can check partnersource or customer source for knowledge base articles.
    I got the solution.

Basically, if you want the documents to follow the posted purchase invoice, the pointer should put on the purchaser order header and not on the purchase order line.

1.In a purchase order, put the pointer on any fields in the purchase order header. Or, put the pointer after the Prepayment tab.
    2.Press Crtl +L. When you do this, the Purchase Order Subform – Links dialog box appears.
    3.In the URL field, click the ellipsis button to browse the documents to be linked, and then click Open.
    4.Continue the purchase order process.