Payment Journal Due Date

supp85supp85 Member Posts: 76
Hello all,

When running a payment Journal using the 'Suggest Vendor Payment' option it appears the 'Due Date' is populated with TODAY's date, however I would like for the due date to inherit the Invoice 'Due Date' however I’m not entirely sure whether to create a new field, or change the code can anyone advise me as to how i can do this efficiently?

Thank You in advance.

Comments

• supp85supp85 Member Posts: 76
    I managed to do it by adding a new field within the Payment Buffer and Gen. Journal Line tables, then added code within the Suggest Vendor Payment report to populate the fields.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Its the invoice that needs a due date, not the payment. Are you trying to do something with post dated checks maybe?
    David Singleton
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    supp85 wrote:
    I managed to do it by adding a new field within the Payment Buffer and Gen. Journal Line tables, then added code within the Suggest Vendor Payment report to populate the fields.

In the new versions (at least NAV2009), the Applies-to Doc. Due Date is standard on the Payment Journal.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Alex Chow wrote:
    In the new versions (at least NAV2009), the Applies-to Doc. Due Date is standard on the Payment Journal.

Applies to Doc due date makes very good sense, and it's a modification I have made a few times for customers. The issue though is that the OP is trying to populate the Due Date in the payment entry, which is just plain wrong.
    David Singleton
  • supp85supp85 Member Posts: 76
    This needed to be added purely for reporting