Options

NonStock Items

HaribabuHaribabu Member Posts: 33
Team,
Our client wants to use Nonstock Items in PO & SO without creating the Item & Nonstock Item Master. the scenario is like this:
In PO or SO, Item No, Description, Qty and rate is to be entered (ex. ITEM001, Desktop Computer, 10 and $2000). We don't want to maintain any inventory and master for this but need to print these information in the orders. I have seen this possible in other ERPs but don't about NAV. Please let me know if it is possible or need any workaround.

Thanks
Hari

Comments

• Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    So you seem to be just basically asking for a line with no real item number and to create a once off transaction for this item which you don't wish to enter into the system.

You can use Charge(item) to replicate the item.

Change the type line to item charge create your item id and then add your qty and cost, this will work in either PO or SO.

There is plenty of f1 help to help you decide if this meets your needs.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply! It seems to be a good option.
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    I believe a charge item must be assigned to allow posting, not sure if this will give you a problem or not.

Have a look at resources and GL as options as well.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    you can use a resource for it,

or what we do is we setup an item

NSI - Non stock item, standard cost is zero.

so when we enter it on a sales order or purchase order, we change the description and enter the appropriate cost on the PO, or Sales price on the Sales order, this books everything correctly from an accounting stand point.

since it is standard cost of zero, any amount on a PO, is posted straight to an expense account, which is what should happen to a non inventory item.
  • Options
    Many many thanks for your response!!

When I use Charge (Item), am not able to post the document and getting the mesage like "You must assign all item charges, if you invoice everything". Is there any setup to avoid this message?
    I don't find type 'Resource' in Purchase Order but Sales Order has. If I use type GL, I cannot enter the Item number.
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The Charge (Item) is, well, an item charge, so it adds additional charges to an item transaction - therefore it has to be related to an item transaction to work - you cannot post it unassigned, so no you are not missing a setup.

Nope you cannot enter an item number for type GL it is a GL account, that is the point, you post it direct to a ledger account - like a non-stock item transaction.

if you want to pick an item number why not adopt the suggestion made by "themave" and setup a generic non stock item as an item and use this?
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    Thank you very much for your suggestions!