Problems seeing the WebServices in IE

afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
edited 2009-06-23 in NAV Three Tier
How can I see my WebServices in IE?
And how can I get my two services (for RTC and WebServices) running at the same time?

There are more details below about what I've done so far.

1. I started the DynamicsNavServerWS service, but I can't see the services in IE.

That is, when I enter the following in Internet Explorer, I get "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage":
http://localhost:7060/DynamicsNAV5/WS/CRONUS5/Services

My CustomSetting.Config file includes the following (and the company is called CRONUS5)
<add key="ServerInstance" value="DynamicsNAV5">
<add key="ServerPort" value="7050">
<add key="WebServicePort" value="7060">

2. A second problem: I cannot run the DynamicsNavServer and DynamicsNavServerWS services simultaneously (I can stop one and start the other, but not both together.)

The two services are created as follows:

sc \\dynamics_nav_vm create MicrosoftDynamicsNAVServer$NAV5 binpath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service5\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe $NAV5" DisplayName= "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server 5" start= auto type= own obj= "NT Authority\NetworkService"

sc \\dynamics_nav_vm create MicrosoftDynamicsNavWS$NAV5 binpath= "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\60\Service5\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Server.exe $NAV5" DisplayName= "Microsoft Dynamics NAV Server 5 WS" start= auto type= own obj= "NT Authority\NetworkService" [depend= MicrosoftDynamicsNAVServer$NAV5]

Any help is appreciated.

Alastair
Alastair Farrugia

Comments

• freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    Problem 2 is the cause of problem 1.
    There is something wrong with the WS service registration, meaning that when you start it, it starts up as another service tier (not WS listener) and thus the conflict.

I cannot remember the exact syntax, but in November last year I create some .bat files (which you can find on my blog), which does the job.

If you don't want to use the .bat files - you should be able to decipher the .bat files and figure out why yours don't work.
    The WS listener is pretty picky about getting things right - but you already found that out.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • afarrafarr Member Posts: 287
    Freddy,

Thanks for your reply. I had adapted the commands from your batch file, and got them to work for the RTC service.
    They also work for the WS service, but not both at the same time.

I had tried using the batch file, but I had problems with the port sharing.

When I assigned different ports (without using the batch file) I could connect to multiple RTCs, and I am not using port sharing now.

I will work with the batch file again (modifying it to take the port numbers as parameters), since it's not practical to do things without a batch file.

Thanks again for your help.
    Alastair
    Alastair Farrugia