Options

Subform Grayed Out Issue

jmpierce30jmpierce30 Member Posts: 5
Hello All,

I have an issue on an item card in Dynamics NAV 5.0. The problem is that we have customized this item card to have a switch on it where you when you initially bring up the form, the controls are set to EDITABLE := False;

If you click this button (the switch) it will make all of the controls on the form EDITABLE := True;

We added another tab to this form for custom fields. On this custom tab we have added two small subforms, that inherit subforms for multiline information entry about the Item. Sometimes when the user accesses this tab, when the EDITABLE property of the form is set to True; The two boxes will still look grayed out. If this is the case then when you click on the box it will not allow you to type in the subform initially. If you click it again, sometimes two or three more times it will finally show the cursor, and let you type in the box.

Has anyone here had this happen to them before, or does anyone know of a solution to this issue I'm currently facing? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time,
Josh Pierce

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, I think that this was already solved on the forum. Try to call CurrForm.UPDATE in the subform after you have changed the property...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    jmpierce30jmpierce30 Member Posts: 5
    I did this on both subforms. I wrote a function on the subform called RefreshForm and called CurrForm.UPDATE in the function, then called the function from the main form. Still showing as grayed out acting very goofy.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Here was a neat post on mibuso using the onactivate trigger to solve this. It was quite a neat solution, but you will need to search for it.
    David Singleton