Integration in NAV 2009

aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
edited 2009-06-25 in NAV Three Tier
Hi All
Kindly tell me that what are the integration options with NAV 2009 provided by the microsoft.

Comments

• FLPFLP Member Posts: 9
    There are several. The new in NAV 2009 is that you can use web services. You can allso use ODBC, XML ports for imp./exp. of XML, Dataports for imp./exp. of data in flat files (txt). You can integrate with other Microsoft products or third party software by calling automation controlls. If you are running NAV on MS SQL database there are some possibilities here as well for example by using views. With C/Front and Navision Application Server (NAS) you can automate imp./exp. of data and call data on triggers which you can not with ODBC (with NAV 2009 you might use web services instead og c/Front and/or NAS).
    Finn Landgreen-P
    www.corpital.com
  • aliennavaliennav Member Posts: 449
    FLP wrote:
    There are several. The new in NAV 2009 is that you can use web services. You can allso use ODBC, XML ports for imp./exp. of XML, Dataports for imp./exp. of data in flat files (txt). You can integrate with other Microsoft products or third party software by calling automation controlls. If you are running NAV on MS SQL database there are some possibilities here as well for example by using views. With C/Front and Navision Application Server (NAS) you can automate imp./exp. of data and call data on triggers which you can not with ODBC (with NAV 2009 you might use web services instead og c/Front and/or NAS).

Hi FLP
    Thanx for your reply but I suppose PORTS are not the part of integration.Also, I wanted to know about more NAV 2009 extensions like biztalk, commerce gateway, etc.
    Actually, I have installed Biztalk with NAV 2009 but I dont know how to use it further or U can say I dont know what can be done through Biztalk.
    I hope u'll help.
    Thanx
  • SoumyadipSoumyadip Member Posts: 209
    A lot of things can be done using NAV and BizTalk. What is your requirement?

May be you first need to think what NAV and BizTalk can do as seperate entities...then you can automaticaly derive the benefits/uses of having them togeather integrated...