Options

Navision License - No of Records based?

DivyaDivya Member Posts: 125
Hi,

Will NAVISION LICENSE allow to restrict number of records in a particular table???? :-k

Thanks
Divya
Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat

Comments

• Options
    garakgarak Member Posts: 3,263
    Why?
    Do you make it right, it works too!
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    No it wont, but it can.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    garak wrote:
    Why?

Payroll is the most common example.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    DivyaDivya Member Posts: 125
    is it possible in customization or navision license itself integrated?
    Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Sounds like a scheme to get the customer to pay more money. ie "It costs $10 per vendor you want to add. You should pay for a bunch up front."

I am curious if there is a legitimate reason, though. I know payroll was mentioned, but what specifically about it?
  • Options
    matttrax wrote:
    Sounds like a scheme to get the customer to pay more money. ie "It costs $10 per vendor you want to add. You should pay for a bunch up front."

I am curious if there is a legitimate reason, though. I know payroll was mentioned, but what specifically about it?

Most typically payroll modules are priced on number of employees. Say <20 , 20..49, 50..199, >200.

But I am only giving that as an example I know of where people ask for this type of licensing. Personally though I feel Payroll should not be implemented in Navision. And any granules that work this way will only be problematic.

I think the US payroll system is the only one that makes sense. In this case, the HR components are in NAV, but al the payroll, taxes etc are sent to a thrid party company that provide the payroll software as an integrated service.
    David Singleton