Nav 3.7 Calculate Depreciation Batch Job problem

B3nzB3nz Member Posts: 37
Hi all,

I got problem when running calculate depreciation batch job in Nav3.7

when i tried to calculate depreciation for 1 month, no journal line is created in FA G/L journal. but if i calculate for let's say 3 month, system does create a line in the FA G/L journal. so what i'm gonna say is that the system doesn't seem to always create the journal when running calculate depreciation batch job ](*,)

anyone ever face this problem before? any advice is appreciated :mrgreen:

Thanks

Answers

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Is the calculation correct for 3 months period? If not check the depreciation start date and the acquisition date of the fixed asset.
    B3nz wrote:
    Hi all,
    when i tried to calculate depreciation for 1 month, no journal line is created in FA G/L journal. but if i calculate for let's say 3 month, system does create a line in the FA G/L journal. so what i'm gonna say is that the system doesn't seem to always create the journal when running calculate depreciation batch job ](*,)
    Thanks

Depreciation batch job will always create entries if some output for posting is created out of the data processed subject to localization/customization in your database.
    You can calculate the depreciation for even 1 day :mrgreen:
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • B3nzB3nz Member Posts: 37
    Hi,

thanks for the advice.
    I just find out that I entered the depreciation period before the acquisition date in FA ledger entry :oops: , and that's why system doesn't calculate any depreciation line. After I input the period after the acquisition date, everything working fine :mrgreen: