Options

Item Revaluation Journal

ChikaChika Member Posts: 45
Dear All,

I Tried to make an item revaluation journal for item A. First of all, I run adjust cost for Item A. And then I create revaluation journal with data like this:
- Quantity is 463.296
- Value (Calculated) = 7.020.000,-
- Value (Revalued) = I enter 8.376.956,52
And then I post the journal.

When I navigate the new value for this item in item value entries, it shows me that the new value inserted in Cost Amount Actual is 1.357.457,28 not 1.356.956,52

I suspect that this case was happened because of rounding [Now we are using 2 decimal point]. Any suggestion how can I get the exact value like I want. I mean is there any setting to achieve this?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Chika

Comments

• Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I don't think it's rounding (but could be, NAV Rounding is a pain sometimes). Think about it this way. The amount is off by about 500. Rounding will only at most cause an amount to be off by a penny. So it would have to round up 50,000 times. Odds of it choosing to round up are 1 in 2. Odds of it rounding up 50000 times in a row....2^50000 = Insanely large number.

Or maybe I'm just using funny math. I'm doing some revals today. Will step through the code and see if I find anything.
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 920
    When doing revaluations,when you enter the amount, that is divided by the quantity to calculate a item cost increase or decrease. It depends on the rounding accuracy of your unit cost (unit-amount rouding precision in G/L setup), but if you handle such large quantities you frequently get these issues.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    gsiracusagsiracusa Member Posts: 26
    The report "Calculate Inventory Value" calculated the value on inventory quantity, but with "Revaluation Journal" you can adjust only Item ledger entries Completely Invoiced, probably there are item ledger entries Completely Invoiced = No.

You can adjust inventory value for one entry at a time, you look for in Revaluation journal the field "Applies-to entry".

Later you check the new value with report Inventory valuation with option include expected cost

Regards
    Giovanni Siracusa

http://www.novalysis.it