Shipment no. in invoice line - how to?

arcullarcull Member Posts: 191
Hi everyone. I saw that when using "Get Shipment Lines" navision populates fileds "Shipment No." and "Shipment Line No." in sales line of the invoice document. However when you post the invoice, these two fields are not in posted invoice line anymore. So my idea was to copy those two fields from sales line to sales invoice line and the data should get there via trensfer fields method. Did anyone have situation like this? Would I hamper original system some how with this custumization, or is it pretty save to do it this way? Thanks for your suggestions.

Comments

• SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    arcull wrote:
    So my idea was to copy those two fields from sales line to sales invoice line and the data should get there via trensfer fields method.

I do notice that sales lines fields 63 & 64 Shipment No. & Shipment Line No do not exist in the Sales Invoice Line.
    Don't Know why, but if you did create them using the same Number, Name & Size in the sales invoice line table that the field would transfer without any additional code needed.
  • MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    Savatage wrote:
    arcull wrote:
    So my idea was to copy those two fields from sales line to sales invoice line and the data should get there via trensfer fields method.

I do notice that sales lines fields 63 & 64 Shipment No. & Shipment Line No do not exist in the Sales Invoice Line.
    Don't Know why, but if you did create them using the same Number, Name & Size in the sales invoice line table that the field would transfer without any additional code needed.
    Problem is that you can't create fields with ID's lower than 50000 in standard objects. In this case, you'll have to add some fields in the range that you can develop in, and change the code that transfers the field to the posted document.
    In CU80, search for the following 2 lines of code ;
    SalesInvLine.INIT;
    SalesInvLine.TRANSFERFIELDS(TempSalesLine);

Add copying the Shipment field in that block
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    How about upon filling the standard fields 63 & 64 on validate couldn't you simply transfer the values to your new fields at that time? :-k
    OnValidate()
    NewShipmentNoField := "Shipment No."

therefore filling the nwe fields then create the same fields in the sales invoice line table to have it transfer over.
  • SD-JRSD-JR Member Posts: 94
    Hi,

Table 113 Sales Invoice line has fields 63 and 64 from version 4.0 SP3 onwards on W1, GB and most of the localisations I have looked at.

So it moght be worth looking at your version or a retro fit from one of these versions as this is a static/history table
    Regards,

Ger
    Simply Dynamics Ltd
    Web: www.simplydynamics.ie
  • arcullarcull Member Posts: 191
    Thanks for suggestions guys :)