Options

Convert Inventory/Stores Item to a Fixed asset item

PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
We use Electric Motors for the machineries in our Plant. We purchase these motors in bulk and store it. And install it as and when required.

My query here is .

While purchasing this. I dont want to consider this as a Fixed Asset. Intead I consider as a stores Item.

When I install it on the machine on later stage, I want to consider this as a Fixed Asset item and calculate the depreciation.

So first entry i make a normal Purchase entry and then when i use it i need to convert this is a FA item and it should appear in my FA register.

How do i do it in NAV 5.0. Also my doubt is can this be considered as a Main Item. if no then how can we handle this
Really appreciate if anybody can guide me on this.

Thanks in anticiaption

Prakash

Comments

• Options
    SD-JRSD-JR Member Posts: 94
    Hi,

No standard way with the FA module to transfer inventory to an asset.

What we have done is negative transfer the inventory to an FA asset parts account (based on postng group setup).

An then use an internal vendor account to purchase invoice the stock to the Asset ledger with posting group setup to contra the stock negative adjustment.
    Regards,

Ger
    Simply Dynamics Ltd
    Web: www.simplydynamics.ie
  • Options
    PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
    SD-JR wrote:
    Hi,

No standard way with the FA module to transfer inventory to an asset.

What we have done is negative transfer the inventory to an FA asset parts account (based on postng group setup).

An then use an internal vendor account to purchase invoice the stock to the Asset ledger with posting group setup to contra the stock negative adjustment.

If we do the negavtive adj through item journal how this item will appear in the FA Register?
  • Options
    jgudmundssonjgudmundsson Member Posts: 13
    You can also post a journal entry in the Fixed Asset G/L Journal. Providing aquisition cost and usa as balance account the negative inventory adjustment account from the prosting group setup. This way you do not create a vendor ledger entry that you need to ignore in the vendor aging reports.
    iNECTA LLC (a Dynamics NAV Implementation Partner)
    http://www.inecta.com