Options

Payable to Thrid Party - Structure

PPPPPP Member Posts: 159
Hi,

(NAV 5.0 SP1)

I have a requirement to make a payment to a third part in a Purchase Invoice. I tried creating a Structure card and ticked the 'Payable to Third Party' .But I dont have any option to give the Third Party a/c. As a result. when i run the 'Calculate Structure values; it gives an error - 'You must specify Third Party Code in structure Order Details type......'

Can anybody tell me where should i give this 3rd Part Account code?

Thanks in advance
ppp

Comments

• Options
    highwaystarhighwaystar Member Posts: 22
    Hi,

In the structure itself, there is a provision to define the Third Party Code, (CVD Third Party Code)

Regards,
  • Options
    Is the CVD third party and the 3rd Party is same?

Even though . when i tried checking the CVD Payable to Third Party it says 'CVD Must be yes in....' and then i tried checking the CVD field, then it says CVD payable to third party must be 'No' !!!!
  • Options
    highwaystarhighwaystar Member Posts: 22
    Hi,

I am sorry to get your question incorrect.

If the payment has to be made to a third party, then it is better to use the Buy from Vendor No. and Pay to Vendor No. in the Purchase Order/Invoice.

Buy from Vendor No. will be the vendor on which the Purchase INvoice is to be raised and pay to vendor no. will be the vendor to which the payment is to be made.

Instead of using structures, please use the above to get the desired result.

Regards,
  • Options
    Well. Infact i have one purchase invoice and one part of the amount to be given to the vendor and other part to the third party.
  • Options
    DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Select the third party code for that specific invoice by going to Invoice>Structure.
    Make sure your structure has "Payable to thirt party" checked.
    Regards,

Deep
    India
  • Options
    Thanks. I got it now.
  • Options
    DeepDeep Member Posts: 569
    Just zoom in and check for the field. It may not be shown in form.
    If it isnt, possibly you had got some mods.
    I checked in default 5.1, its available and working fine.
    Regards,

Deep
    India