Options

North American Taxes

fred.ponechfred.ponech Member Posts: 13
We have a client working in a Canadian tax jurisdiction (Ontario) handling products that are not generally subjected to local provincial tax, only federal (GST). Accordingly, we have set the Tax Area Code for their local warehouse (Location) to reflect GST only.

They have a major supplier in a separate tax jurisdiction (Quebec) who always bill both provincial (QST) and federal (GST) taxes on shipments to the GST only Location. Virtually all other vendors ship GST only.

Is anyone aware of a way in which we can configure the tax setup so the Location retains its GST only status and the individual Vendor taxes (QST + GST) will be calculated correctly without the need to update the tax details on each transaction?

Any input is appreciated.

Thanks
Sir, if you don't calm down I'm going to have to ask you to leave.

Comments

• Options
    TonyHTonyH Member Posts: 223
    Hey Fred,

Does the Tax Area Code on the Location Card not work for you?

t
  • Options
    fred.ponechfred.ponech Member Posts: 13
    Sorry for the delay in responding...

The issue seems to be the fact that not all "QSTable" vendors are looking to collect the tax at the Ontario location (they have a location in Quebec that does accept the tax from all Quebec based vendors) - currently we have set up the Ontario location as GST only, which I think means the location setup won't work properly for us.

Fred
    Sir, if you don't calm down I'm going to have to ask you to leave.