Options

Real NonStock Items in Navision

kamranshehzadkamranshehzad Member Posts: 165
Hi I want to create some real non stock items. the non stock items option is looking as a good option to me/.

Lets I have carriage / service kind of items that I dont have to maintain stock of.

how do I handle such situation as non inventoried item.

non stock items in navision or resource is not doing what I want.

Please advise.

regards,
KS

Answers

• Options
    kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    What exactly u r looking for ????

Transacting without having the master :?: .

If these r just expenses u can use type G/L or can use shortcut dimensions create one shortcut dim with diff values (as per ur need) with one G/L code expense.
    Kapil Khanna
  • Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    For frieght in the past I have used resources, item charges, direct to GL accounts and of course an item with lots of stock.

There is no real concept of a traditional non-stock item in NAV, because the moment you want to use it it becomes an item.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen
  • Options
    B3nzB3nz Member Posts: 37
    I usually go for the G/L Account or Resource for non stock item.

Maybe another alternative is to check the "inventory value zero" field in item card. but of course this will cause your item master become large and you did become maintaining the quantity.
  • Options
    kamranshehzadkamranshehzad Member Posts: 165
    All of you make sense to me.
    I thought of using it as a G/L Account and redirecting the value to different nominals rather than creating different items.

The classic non stock item (non inventoried item) was ideal in my view for my requirements. I dont want to use resources but I'll look into item charges.

thanks for your help on this.

regards,
    KS