Options

Upgrade tool kit

SilvaSilva Member Posts: 281
Hi,

I want to updgrade a navsion database from NAV lowest version to NAV 5p1, is any one can share advise which developer tool kit Im gonna use??? Any advise? Hoping for your reply.

Thanks

Answers

• Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 920
    What do you mean by "lowest version" ( DOS-based Navision 1.0 or Navision Financials 1.0 from 1995)?
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I am pretty sure he means PC-Plus
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Hi,

Let say,NAV version 2.1? any Advise? hoping for your reply.

Thanks
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Why don't you just tell us from which version you want to upgrade?
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    DenSter wrote:
    Why don't you just tell us from which version you want to upgrade?

Well since we are the experts, shouldn't we know that?
    David Singleton
  • Options
    Silva wrote:
    Hi,
    Let say,NAV version 2.1? any Advise? hoping for your reply.
    Thanks
    I suppose that you mean 2.01, there is no 2.1 version. In that case you need two upgrade toolkits and a merge tool.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Sorry, for not informing the version. Actually that is only in coming project for us "upgrading", but the only information they give me for now is Older version of NAV database, so I search if it there's toolkit for lowest version.

Anyway, can you share what kind of tool kits it I will be using for the two upgrade.Hoping for your reply.

Thanks
  • Options
    Silva wrote:
    Anyway, can you share what kind of tool kits it I will be using for the two upgrade.Hoping for your reply.
    You can download the first upgrade toolkit (check the right language) and the cronus 4.0 database (you need the code from this as well as the uncustomized code and the customized code from the old version for a 3-Way merge) here, and the same for the subsequent 4.0 -> 5 SP1 Upgrade here.

For older NA/US versions, there is a Database Archive available at partnersource.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You use the upgrade toolkit for the version of your target database. So if you are going to go to 5.0 SP1, then you will need the upgrade toolkit for that version, it will have the steps you need to upgrade from any of the previous versions.
  • Options
    Hi,

Thanks, for the advise and suggestion, you are all the best MAN!! =D> I will follow your suggestion.