Priority Field in Customer Card

krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
Hi

I have this Priority field in the customer card. What is the functionality for this field. Is it the customer priority when i run my Order Planning and the system allocates the stock based on priority? Please confirm

Venkat

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    krvenkata wrote:
    Hi

I have this Priority field in the customer card. What is the functionality for this field. Is it the customer priority when i run my Order Planning and the system allocates the stock based on priority? Please confirm

Venkat

Odd I never saw that before. I see that it has the same value as the priority field in the vendor card.

In the Vendor card its used to prioritize payments in the check routine. Not that that helps I know. :-k
    David Singleton
  • AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    It maybe a case of mirroring the customer, even though these is no functionaly use, so you can use the field how you see fit.

In AX there is the ability to run a payment proposal for customers, so you tell the system what cash you are expecting and it appears in a journal. An odd concept given the paying vagaries of this country, but it would mean you could prioritise the customers, but then again for what reason, as the priority against a vendor is for when limited funds are available - perhaps it would limit the cash receipts to a set value or just those customers likely to pay :D
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen