E-invoicing

MulderMulder Member Posts: 2
Hi there,

I've an interesting challenge.
Many of our customers will request for e-invoice in the near future.
So it's time to prepare our Navision to produce those kind of invoices.

I know the recommended fileformat is XML.
So what I want to make XML and pdf reports together if it is needed. (Because not every customer request for an e-invoice. That's why producing e-invoices would be an option only.

If the XML has produced another program (or company) will create the necessary digital signature and timestamp for the invoice.

So my main question is: have anybody ever used such kind of invoicing method in Navision?

rgds,
Mulder

Comments

• gerdhuebnergerdhuebner Member Posts: 155
    The topic electronic invoice and/or electronic signature may be handled differently from country to country...
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    There are loads of different systems for electronic invoicing. Navision comes with something called XBRL, which is worth reading up on.
    However in each country there will be a different system which is approved to be accepted as a legal invoice. There is also invoicing via the electronic platforms such as EDI. I've seen some mention of a new edi-xml.

Generating the xml is the easy part, adhering to a particular standard with all its quirks is usually the complicated part.

Ian
  • AndreBAndreB Member Posts: 18
    Our company (in the Netherlands) is now starting the implementation a solution of DocDynamic. We can then print our invoice as a pdf to a certain directory and a electronic signature is attached to this PDF. That PDF will be emailed to customers and also be archived. Because this is an external solution it needs some programming in Navision to make it all work. It looks very promising at this moment.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    We use LAnhams's E-ship which also give you the ability to send all kinds of emails - either manually or automatically
    & you can just check off the ones you need or want. I'm sure somekind of electronic sig could be added. :-k
  • FishermanFisherman Member Posts: 456
    You can also integrate with BizTalk via MSMQ (or other means) and let it handle the any-to-any file mapping for you.

I actually like this approach better from a CRC perspective (Collaboration, Responsibility and Control). I think the ERP should be responsible for those things that it does well, and it should be allowed to communicate with outside systems as needed when that outside system can do the job better.

Navision CAN handle the e-invoicing, but BizTalk (or some other any-to-any ecommerce accelerator) can handle it sooo much better, so why not utilize them?

[EDIT]

Of course, there are financial limits here. I wouldn't recommend this to a small shop that needs to exchange one document with one customer, but if this needed to be core functionality for a business, then ROI might justify it due to scalability and flexibility.
  • dycodedycode Member Posts: 1
    Hello,
    our company (Dycode) developed a solution for e-document automatic processing.
    We currently released a free version of SimpleInvoicer for QuickBooks, which is able to send electronic documents (etc. PDF) with data attached to it in some standard form (UBL).

Regards your question - our product can be customized to work with any ERP/Accounting system and send signed e-documents.

Please visit our site for more information at http://www.simpleubl.com/
    Dycode Software
    Konstitucijos 23b, Vilnius,
    Lithuania, LT-08105
    +37052720707
    http://www.dycode.net/
  • cardo02cardo02 Member Posts: 1
    E-invoicing makes business sense. It is the first step to true automation of your billing process – and starting is easy. If your business sends up to 100 invoices a month, creating e-invoices couldn't be easier. If you really looking for someone or companies who use e-invoice I’d like you to refer to this site.

[url=xxx://finexpo.com/community/fullblog.aspx?id=4887]xxx://finexpo.com/community/fullblog.aspx?id=4887[/url]

May this site help you to develop some thoughts and ideas regarding your concern.