How the link option works

sunnyksunnyk Member Posts: 280
Dear All,
I am using 3.6 version. Suppose if i attached an external document to sales order using links (Ctrl +L), why it is not flowing to posted Shipments. i have checked the same in 5.0 and it is working fine there. Is it like this that i need to write some code in some codeunits.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Of course, yes, there is code doing that in the NAV 5.0. Just look into CU 80 and 90 and look for COPYLINKS function.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    wouldn't he need to check the latest 5.1 as there were a few fixes where links were not being copied?
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    In each case when I am reffering to e.g. NAV 5.0 I mean latest version of version 5, => NAV 5.00SP1 etc...

Because from he description it seems that they are using NAV 3.60 database with technical upgrade to 5,it is just question to be inspired what is needed, not about some specific hotfix between 5.00 w/o SP and 5.00SP1. 8)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    You can even improve on the 5.0SP1 logic. Unless they changed it, it copies documents based on your comment settings. I think most companies would want to move them even if they did not want to move comment lines.
  • LibertyMountainLibertyMountain Member Posts: 94
    I agree with davemac1. My company is on NAV2009 RTM. COPYLINKS is conditional upon the copy comments setting of the document (e.g. if copy comments to sales shipment header is TRUE, then COPYLINKS will copy the links to the SSH; otherwise COPYLINKS does not run). I think the COPYLINKS should happen regardless if you want to copy comments. we will likely fix our CU80 so that it will COPYLINKS in all cases.