Options

Using specific locations in MRP calculation

kashyap_thakerkashyap_thaker Member Posts: 13
Hi everyone,

I have a peculiar situation here in MRP calculation in NAV 4.0 SP3. When you run Regenerative plan or Net Change plan in planning worksheet in Manufacturing you can set a location filter on Item request form on the report but there is a character limit for that filter. Our setup has 1000s of locations for company operations but the Production department doesn't want to run MRP for all those locations, let say there are 50 locations for which they want to run the regenerative or net change plan.

If I try to make a filter string(i.e. XYZ|PQR|ABC) out of all the required locations and apply that filter on the report it will pass that filter across the board in the whole MRP calculation but here we have character string limit which can not work in my scenario if in the future the production department want to run MRP for 100 more locations.

Do anyone have worked on a situation like this to handle only few hundred location amongst 1000s of locations in the system.

I would love to get experts' opinions on how to handle this situation.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Options
    ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    Not an ideal solution, but you can run it twice for half of the first location, and then run MRP again for the other half.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • Options
    kashyap_thakerkashyap_thaker Member Posts: 13
    Hi Rashed,

Thanks for your reply

You are right, I also thought there is no ideal solution for this situation. I thought of defining and array of text and populate the array with defined locations and then looping through MRP process..

Thanks again for your reply.