Options

Reserved Quantity V Outstanding Quantity form

bri_murbri_mur Member Posts: 7
Hi all,

I am trying to create a new form to provide a list of Sales Lines where the Quantity Reserved is Less than the Outstanding Quantity I thought this would be fairly straight forward using filters on the form however this seems to quite difficult.

Has anyone any idea I could do this. Do I need to use Code and if so could someone provide me with an example.

Thanks

B

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Question is, what you really need... if you need only to visualize which lines are not fully reserved, you can use only some colors etc. of course, you can use temp tables, marks and other ways but all depends on details and right purpose...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    bri_murbri_mur Member Posts: 7
    The company sell high volume low cost Items and have a despatch hundreds of sales order lines in a day.

The purpose of this list is to Display a list of unreserved Sales Orders lines that have been not reserved against stock without having to trawl thru hundreds of sales order lines.

This give the operator easy access to the order
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) It means you need it as quickly as possible (I mean performance of the list)
    2) You need to have filtered list (coloring is not an option)
    3) Depends on DB type - NAV (Native) or SQL
    4) Detailed modification depends on NAV version (4, 5, another)
    5) For me it seems like the Marking the lines and showing the marked lines is one option (can be bad for performance) or filling buffer table with the lines and displaying them.
    6) Aother way is to add field "Fully reserved" which will be updated somehow...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.