Options

Use of the General Business posting groups In prodcution ord

hansikahansika Member Posts: 373
Hi,

I know what is the Use of the General Business posting groups (regarding customer, Vendor).

what my doubt in Production orders Headers (Firm , Released, ) In posting Tab there is field called Gen Business posting group.

what is the use of this Filed in Production card.

How it will popultate .

usiong this field any accounts will effect in chart of accounts ?

Please let me know solution.
hansika

Comments

• Options
    AdamRoueAdamRoue Member Posts: 1,283
    The General Business Posting Setup is not solely customer and vendor orientated, it covers your business as well.

The posting setup also handles overhead and direct cost applied. Generally this would be handled by a blank business entry, meaning the business itself. However if you change this on the production card, and you are capturing overhead or direct cost applied then these would be posted to the appropriate accounts in the business/product combination. However it would be unusual to do this, generally you would set this up and differentiate by an item dimension if required, but of course this is your choice, so best fit for the business etc. Usually the inventory posting setup handles the manufacturing elements but of course not overhead and direct cost, so these need to be handled here.
    The art of teaching is clarity and the art of learning is to listen