I can't filter by a flowfield

DarkHorseDarkHorse Member Posts: 389
Dear sirs, I've added a field Customer name at Contact Mailing Group table. It's a flowfield and in CalcFormula there is
Lookup(Customer.No. WHERE (Name=FIELD(Contact Company Name)))
On run table it get's correctly the customer number. But I've an easy report from this table that, on run it, shows the customer number correctly, but the problem is that, on run, I can't filter by a customer. I put the customer number manually but the report shows 0, don't shows any page; I can't filter by this field. In this table I've others flowsfields and I can filter, but not on this. What's the problem, please?.
Thanks in advance.

Comments

• matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    DarkHorse wrote:
    Dear sirs, I've added a field Customer name at Contact Mailing Group table. It's a flowfield and in CalcFormula there is
    Lookup(Customer.No. WHERE (Name=FIELD(Contact Company Name)))
    On run table it get's correctly the customer number. But I've an easy report from this table that, on run it, shows the customer number correctly, but the problem is that, on run, I can't filter by a customer. I put the customer number manually but the report shows 0, don't shows any page; I can't filter by this field. In this table I've others flowsfields and I can filter, but not on this. What's the problem, please?.
    Thanks in advance.

Hi

"Contact Company Name" is a flowfield (Lookup(Contact."Company Name" WHERE (No.=FIELD(Contact No.))))
    Filter on a flowfield calculated over another flowfield don't works.
    It's too difficult to process.

Bye

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • DarkHorseDarkHorse Member Posts: 389
    Oh!! :( thanks for help. I suppose that I've to find another filed to filter instead of "Contact Company Name" that doesn't a flowfield, but it's difficult. Well, thank you very much for your help.
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Mateo is very close to correct. In fact it is possible to do this, but like he says it is very complex and slow, so better is to find a better solution. The issue you may have is the sequence of calculating the fields, and this will depend on control numbers, they need to be in the correct order. But even if you get it right, its more effort than its worth.
    David Singleton