Options

Virtual Stock in NAV

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear All,

How a virtual stock be mapped in NAV 2009 ?

Case study :

A is the principle producer of an item. A gives B to sell on A’s behalf against which B will receive commission from A. Here B does not purchase those items from A and B does not treat the items (given by A) as his own stock. After selling those items B is eligible to sales commission from A.
Now or Never

Comments

• Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    see this definition

i think it is similar to ur case

Drop Shipment
    The item is shipped from the vendor directly to the customer. You buy and sell the item but do not handle, stock or deliver it.
  • Options
    see this definition

i think it is similar to ur case

Drop Shipment
    The item is shipped from the vendor directly to the customer. You buy and sell the item but do not handle, stock or deliver it.

THANKS FOR INSTANT REPLY.

But I have already mentioned that B will not buy any item from A (Principle person). So B cannot treat A as his vendor. So without treating someone as vendor , how Drop Shipment functionality will work in NAV2009 ?
    Now or Never
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
  • Options
    have u checked salespeople functionality?

B is a company whose revenue is coming by way of commission from A. Then how will B be treated as salesperson ?

Please let me know how it will be properly mapped?
    Now or Never
  • Options
    kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    navuser1 wrote:
    have u checked salespeople functionality?

B is a company whose revenue is coming by way of commission from A. Then how will B be treated as salesperson ?

Please let me know how it will be properly mapped?

Shall somebody come and implement as well if u want, for u :mrgreen:

If somebody is taking ur inventory and selling it without any transaction and then asking for commission as well then what relationship can be derived :?:
    They shud be sales representative

I. Or if they are getting revenue (u know this) from which side u saw this A or B. If B, that means u r implementing B (reason u r concerned about revenue of B) as well which depicts either it will be IC transaction (Sale/ Purchase or Transfer).

II. If u saw it from A's side that means just expense (commission) then how the material is going out, or they are just Sales Representative. If this is true calc commission keep in some table and post the voucher when u want to.

Or are they part of same group of companies ?
    Here B does not purchase those items from A and B does not treat the items (given by A) as his own stock. After selling those items B is eligible to sales commission from A

FYI, a salesman is not supposed to consider anything as his own for selling.

If none is true then on first hand discover what the role of B is before demanding the exact solution.
    Do u have B as well to be implemented or not ?
    if yes then u will say A wants to see the stock lying with B.
    Then how much has been sold by B and then Analysis. :D:D:D:D etc. etc. X 100
    Kapil Khanna
  • Options
    ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    navuser1 wrote:
    Dear All,

How a virtual stock be mapped in NAV 2009 ?

Case study :

A is the principle producer of an item. A gives B to sell on A’s behalf against which B will receive commission from A. Here B does not purchase those items from A and B does not treat the items (given by A) as his own stock. After selling those items B is eligible to sales commission from A.

If the stock physically moves from A (manufacturer) to B (selling agent) then you are looking for a consignment sales functionality. You might have to consider the following facts too:

a) Sales Invoice (whether it will be A's invoice or B's invoice).
    b) Sales Collection
    c) Commission on Consignment sales is different from sales person commission and includes commission calculation on the basis of collection (del credere commission).
    d) Submission of periodic sales and collection report along with remittance of money.
    e) Treatment of expenses paid for transport of inventory and inventory holding expenses.

Review the complete business scenario and then design the solution.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • Options
    getegete Member Posts: 76
    ssingla wrote:

design the solution.

In Navision there is no standard solution for this :?:
  • Options
    quote="ssingla"]

design the solution.[/quote]

In Navision there is no standard solution for this :?

why dont u create seperate location one behalf of B.
    just transfer the items to Location B.(consigment)
    when B sells the items then create the sales invoice from that location.
    just the pay commission through JV .

is it the correct solution what i think.
    Please correct me if i am wrong.
  • Options
    ssingla wrote:

design the solution.

In Navision there is no standard solution for this : :?:

why dont u create seperate location on behalf of B.
    just transfer the items to Location B.(consigment)
    when B sells the items then create the sales invoice from that location.
    just the pay commission through JV .

i think.it is a one solution.

Please correct me if i am wrong.