Options

Lookup column preference

jknauftjknauft Member Posts: 89
edited 2010-10-01 in NAV Three Tier
Just found new functionality that I would like to learn more about. In the RTC Sales Order page the Sell-To Customer No. has a feature in lookup that I'm wondering if it is standard. When you enter in a code for the Customer No. it starts to autosearch for the No. If you click on the drop-down menu you can right-click in the body of another column and then that column becomes bold and you can now search by that column. So if I right-click in the Description column I can now enter the name of the customer for my search. I searched the forum and NAV manuals and couldn't find anything about it.

My questions is this. Is this an option that is set or is it standard functionality for lookups? Thanks.

-Jon

Comments

• Options
    jknauftjknauft Member Posts: 89
    Just found it. You can use the arrow keys as well to change the column. NAV will remember what was set but you have to remember which column you are searching on.

-Jon
  • Options
    freddy.dkfreddy.dk Member, Microsoft Employee Posts: 360
    It is standard functionality - in the lookup field you can arrow down and then arrow left+right to change the search column.
    Freddy Kristiansen
    Group Program Manager, Client
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    http://blogs.msdn.com/freddyk

The information in this post is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. This post does not represent the thoughts, intentions, plans or strategies of my employer. It is solely my opinion.
  • Options
    Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    Probably a very basic question...

Where are the fields identified that are shown in the small drop-down lookup lists? I want to add another field to the drop-down for selecting Items on a document line. I'm having trouble finding what controls that.
  • Options
    Rob_HansenRob_Hansen Member Posts: 296
    Never mind...I found a posting pointing me to field groups. Sorry folks. :)