Check Print

SavithaSavitha Member Posts: 56
Hi All,
I need to print a check for the transaction involving mutliple vendors and 1 bank account
Eg: Vendor1 Dr 3000
Vendor2 Dr 4000
Vendor3 Dr 3000
Bank Cr 10000
I need to print a check of 10000.
Is this possible? can any customization be done?

Comments

• ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    I wonder if a single check can be issued to 3 different parties :shock:
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    Can you explain what's happening here?

Is a check going to gthe bank & the bank is paying the vendors?
    do do you expect the 3 vendors to pass around the check?

It's not clear to me what you're trying to do.
  • SavithaSavitha Member Posts: 56
    Actually its a self check given to the bank...
    and the bank creates dd for the vendors or rtgs transfer as the case may be..
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    what's a self check - you're cutting a check to yourself(your company)?

What's dd? What's rtgs?

I'll take a shot at this but I would guess you create another vendor "yourself", on the other accounts set the vendor billed to number to "yourself", this way all orders & receipts will show on the correct vendor but all the bills will go to one vendor "yourself". which you can then cut a check to.

now your definitions of dd, rtgs & self check might change that opinion. 8)
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    I might just write one template reply to all posts from now on, and just copy paste it to save me having to think.

Hi <Insert_Name>,

what you are attempting, is to solve a business issue with programming. This is not what Navision is all about. You need to sit with the client and identify the business need and suggest a NAVISION solution, not a <Insert_Non_NAV_technology> solution. If you don't do this, then you will just be giving the client a solution to a problem that does not exist. This will just waste the customers money, and is generally a major reason for budget over runs in Navision implementations.
    David Singleton
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Hi <Insert_Name>,
    How about some ifs and elses as well. :whistle:

Just Kidding :mrgreen:
    Kapil Khanna
  • ssinglassingla Member Posts: 2,973
    Savatage wrote:
    what's a self check - you're cutting a check to yourself(your company)?

What's dd? What's rtgs?

I'll take a shot at this but I would guess you create another vendor "yourself", on the other accounts set the vendor billed to number to "yourself", this way all orders & receipts will show on the correct vendor but all the bills will go to one vendor "yourself". which you can then cut a check to.

now your definitions of dd, rtgs & self check might change that opinion. 8)

DD : Demand Draft (somewhat similar to Bankers Check)
    RTGS : The acronym 'RTGS' stands for Real Time Gross Settlement. RTGS system is a funds transfer mechanism where transfer of money takes place from one bank to another on a 'real time' and on 'gross' basis. This is the fastest possible money transfer system through the banking channel.

The issuer gives a yourself check to the bank and bank makes the payment to the vendors either thru RTGS or issues DD.
    CA Sandeep Singla
    http://ssdynamics.co.in