Options

No. Series - WEB SERVICES

Ravi_ThakkarRavi_Thakkar Member Posts: 392
edited 2009-06-12 in NAV Three Tier
Hello All,

I am wondering for the No. Series WEB SERVICES Issue solution.
I want to read the records from the No. Series Page "Filtered with the No. Series of Sales Orders".

E.G.
If in C-Side Client, in the Sales Order page, when we make a ASSIST EDIT button then we will get the No. Series Form filtered with Sales Order related No. Series.

Can you anybody please suggest, how to do the sames task?
Ravi_Thakkar
Ahmedabad, Gujarat, India
E Mail : ravi.thakkar@hotmail.com

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    It isbecause the form in classic client is using Marked Only filter to show you what you want, and this cannot be done in RTC, thus in WebService...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Hello Kine,

Thanks for your reply.
    I have an idea about Marked only records.
    I also refer the RTC. But, in RTC, look up at no. series is showing me the filtered records of no. series related to Sales Order.
    I want the same records on WEB in Grid view.

Any suggestion?
    Ravi_Thakkar
  • Options
    You need to use the same page as the webservice, but you need to check how it is called, if there is some codeunit for it which will fill the temporary table and will open the form with that temp table etc. It means you need to check the code...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Ok, Let consider,
    I transferred the filtered data in Temporary Table.
    Then after how can the WEB SERVICE on .NET side, identify the page table as a temporary table?
    1) I think it will take it as a physical table and according to that it will show the data. (If true then, data with no filters)
    Or
    2) How can I return the record at .net side from NAV?

Any suggestion?
    Ravi_Thakkar
  • Options
    1) WebService on .NET is just calling function in NAV which is returning data. It is on the NAV how the data will be prepared, if they will be somehow calculated and stored into temp table etc.
    2) If there is Page for the data, and the data are read from DB in the page, the WebService based on this page will return same data if same filters are passed to the webservices.
    3) If the page is using some input parameters whcih must be set when the page is opened or the page/form is called over some prepared temporary table, you need to call this calling process, not the page directly, may be it means that you will need to create special webservice for getting the data and not using the page webservice.
    4) I recommend to make clear for yourself how the WebServices work and how the Form in NAV is called/used in the code.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    Thanks for your reply and suggestions Kine.

What I want is,
    E.G. On web, One Click on "SO No. Series" Button, will open one WEB page having Grid control bound with No. Series records filtered with the records same as the NAV Assist Edit button click functionality open the No. Series form as shown in attachment.
    To provide such kind of filteriation according to ASSISTEDIT, and also should use the NAV Code to return the data, what should be the logic? (I would require to use NAV code through web service to filter the data)

Do antbody have any suggestion?
    Ravi_Thakkar
  • Options
    Again, it is not easy do it just by using the page aswebservice. In NAV, the form is opened from AssistEdit function on the Sales Header table, which calls function in NoSeriesManagement (SelectSeries) which calls function FilterSeries which will prepare the list of records and after that it is opened in the form/page. It means you need to create own codeunit which you will share as webservice which will do the same...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.