Options

Company Rename Problem

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
Dear Concern,
Whenever I m rename Company Name, It is showing me error given below:
The Field must be included in Table's Primary Key
Field: Group
Table: Company

This "Group" field is customised field in Table Company(ID 2000000006) of Data Type Text Length 30. :idea:
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Did you modify the primary key of the Company table?
  • Options
    vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
    No I havent change the Primary Key of Company Table Primary is same as Base(i.e., Name Text 30)
    Vikram Dabas
    Navision Technical Consultant
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    have u written any code to retrive the Group field in company information form/table?

i mean r u using group field in company information table?
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    This is a known bug in Navision. I say known because I reported it in Financials 1.1 (The error was not in version 1.0). And it has been in Navision ever since.

I have posted the details of the bug nemerous times on mibuso and DUG, so search for more details, but in short terms:

The bug (feature back then) was introduced to allow upgrades from DOS to windows. In the DOS version of Navision, Reports, Dataports, and Batches used the object name as the primary key, but in windows this was changed to Object Number. To allow compatibility they created the ability to link the primary key of one table to the secondary key of another. But during ANY rename, the validation does not work, since the rename tries to find a non existent primary key.

Finding the error is very difficult since the field (and I assume key) that you created in the Company table is not the error. The error is that somewhere you created a field of the same type as the GROUP field and created a link to the company table to a secondary key.

To fix this you need to remove that link and the rename will work fine.

The recreate the link using code instead of properties.

PS When will this bug be fixed? There does not even exist a tool to upgrade from DOS to 5.00, so why have this "feature"?
    David Singleton