Options

Item has no quantity but still has some value???

JpnJpn Member Posts: 10
After I run adjust cost-item entry in version 5.0 sp1, I found some item has 0 qty but value in value entry still remain(No expected cost remaining). How can i adjust it to 0? Please give me any idea <-- I try to check item application but i dont have an idea why value still remaining. that item use average cost method and no any revalue entry. :|

Comments

• Options
    SD-JRSD-JR Member Posts: 94
    Hi

If you sum the entire ILE for this item and (cost amount actual) this should equal your value. The problem is also displayed when you run a revaluation for the item and compare this to an inventory valuation report.

Is this a database that has been upgraded? - because the costing issues and non assignment/consumption of cost was more an issue pre version 4.

We have found in some cases wecan resolve this by clearing the entries for an item in table 5804, untick the item as cost adjusted and re-run the adjust cost entries.

If the DB has been upgraded from say a pre version 4 DB, then you will need to establish the difference between the sum of ILE cost and Sum of cost of remaining amount and force this adjustment through the value entry table for a closed item movement.

I would be interested to hear of any better ideas out there as this has been a recurring issue for sites?
    Regards,

Ger
    Simply Dynamics Ltd
    Web: www.simplydynamics.ie
  • Options
    JpnJpn Member Posts: 10
    many thnx for your reply, this database is original version 5.
    when we found it in V4, we used same solution with u (delete wrong value entry and let system run adjust cost again) and i think it should be solved in V5 .... I am not sure it will be like this because this item use serial no. and when last cost amount is shared for last outbound which contain many item ledger entry then rounding has a problem.
    <-- this is my assumption
  • Options
    SD-JRSD-JR Member Posts: 94
    Hi,

We have also found it an issue if the negative movement occurs before the positive, but this should be the case with serial tracked items. But in other cases the item does not pick up the need to auto adjust cost and does get rectified by running the adjust cost routine.
    Regards,

Ger
    Simply Dynamics Ltd
    Web: www.simplydynamics.ie