Options

Open links in new window?

slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 358
edited 2009-06-09 in Feedback
Do you guys notice that after the upgrade (few months back), all the links in the forum topics are opened in the same window OR is it only for me? (on several PCs and browsers sames).
"A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."

Comments

• Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Odd I thought it always did that. I have always used either shift or right mouse.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    I always open links in a new tab (right click, Open in New Tab), so they load in the background
  • Options
    Me too do the same thing!. But, if everyone wanted to open them on a separate TAB, why don't we set it up that way?
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    I never open forum links in a new window. When I'm finished reading a topic, I use the back-button of the browser to bring me back to the list.

Don't know/remember if this behaviour has changed with the new forum version.
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    ajhvdbajhvdb Member Posts: 672
    ctrl+mouse click opens a new tab
  • Options
    slmaluwa wrote:
    Me too do the same thing!. But, if everyone wanted to open them on a separate TAB, why don't we set it up that way?
    If it's not a problem for you then why make an issue out of it?
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    slmaluwa wrote:
    If it's not a problem for you then why make an issue out of it?

I am not saying it is not a problem but I said I also use right click and select to open in new TAB.
    But, if we find it comfortable to open links from topics in new window, can't we have it set it up in that way?

I am talking about only the links in discussion topics or the links we mention in our posts.
  • Options
    I dunno, that's like looking for problems where there are none. "it's not for me, but in case someone else has a problem with it". I don't just click on any link on any website, because I want to be in control of where it opens, so I always rightclick and open in a new tab. I gues don't see a need to make the websites open links in anything other than what the website designer wants it to be, just because I browse in a certain way.
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    I dunno, that's like looking for problems where there are none. "it's not for me, but in case someone else has a problem with it". I don't just click on any link on any website, because I want to be in control of where it opens, so I always rightclick and open in a new tab. I gues don't see a need to make the websites open links in anything other than what the website designer wants it to be, just because I browse in a certain way.

Hi
    That's a good comment and thank you for sharing your experience.
    Mine was only a feedback with an opinion and shall we leave it as it is for now?

Thanks for the replies
  • Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    This behavior is the new intention of the phpBB group (the developers of this forum software).
    Everybody should decide himselve where to open the link.
    If the website opens it in new window/tab, you couldn't open it in the same window/tab.

Furthermore it is XHTML strict, wich didn't allow something like "target=blank".
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Options
    slmaluwa wrote:
    Mine was only a feedback with an opinion and shall we leave it as it is for now?
    Yeah so was mine. I guess you only like people to reply when they agree with you :mrgreen:
  • Options
    DenSter wrote:
    slmaluwa wrote:
    Yeah so was mine. I guess you only like people to reply when they agree with you :mrgreen:

Is it?
    If it is true, then it may be a hidden nature which I need to change soooooooon!
    Thank you for pointing it out.:mrgreen: