Options

Adjust Exchange rate batch

mehmeh Member Posts: 50
I know that Adjust exchange rate batch will only adjust currency rates in vendor customer and bank. But we have a G/L a/c with cash in diff currency then in LCY. So we cannot know the balance in the actual currency as g/l only shows LCY balance. Is there any way to accumulate this problem I know it can be done if that cash can be kept in cash management bank a/c. But we have already done setup in g/l so it will very difficult to move it from there.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Comments

• Options
    ramyakrishnanramyakrishnan Member Posts: 1
    Hi Meh,

The best solution to this would be
    1. Take a cut off date. Calculate the FCY values for all transactions from the LCY account.
    2. Create a new account which could be a temporary account
    3. Post a transaction account for this new account on two lines, one for dr and one for cr. One with LCY and other with FCY
    4. This would help you record the transaction in both the values till the cut off date.
    5. After doing this, block this new chart of accounts
    6. Create a new account in the cash bank management and do the setup properly

As far as i know, this is the only and best way to go ahead.

Thanks,
    Ramya
  • Options
    Thank you I thought that way too

Thanks
    Malvika
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    Hi Meh, Unless there is a specific Version issue, it sounds like your basic issue is you want to see the account amounts in the currency it is posted in rather then your LCY.

Don't know what the other guy is talking about

But i would select an additional report currency of type equal to account posting currency. There is a field in GL entries that is called additional reporting currency amount. This will straight away tell you the account balances and net change in add.rep .currency. On the particular GL account on the reporting Tab you can select which way you want the exchange rate batch job to affect the GL entries either LCY or FCY.

So the Exchange rate batch job does affect GL.

This sounds like the answer unless i missed something interupting your post. without the hassle of messing with your GL account setup
  • Options
    The main thing is we havent yet set up additional reporting currency in our navision version 5. And the main concern is we run adjust batch job in more than one currency and we run that the cash in COA is not adjusted as the batch job only adjusts bank vendor and Customer. SO That is the main concern here .
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    NO thats not correct

It does update GL entries. Read the F1 help

Direct from F1 for Add. reporting currency setup

If you specify an additional reporting currency in this field, the program will then automatically record amounts in both LCY and this additional reporting currency on each G/L entry and on some other entries, such as VAT entries. When the program calculates G/L entry amounts in an additional reporting currency, the program uses the information from the Currency Exchange Rate table to find the relevant exchange rate.

and for GL account Addition currency

If you post in an additional reporting currency, you can specify in this field how G/L accounts will be adjusted for exchange rate fluctuations between LCY and the additional reporting currency.

Exchange rate gains and losses are first posted when you run the Adjust Exchange Rates batch job. When you run the Adjust Exchange Rates batch job, the program finds the adjustment exchange rate in the Currency Exchange Rate table and then compares the amounts in the Amount and Additional-Currency Amount fields on the G/L entry to determine if there is an exchange rate gain or loss.

I would take a copy setup your add. Rep .currency and then select you COA account with one of the following 3 options to suit your needs

No Adjustment
    The program assigns this option as a default. No exchange rate adjustment is made to the G/L account.

Adjust Amount
    If you select this option, the LCY amount will be adjusted for any exchange rate gains or losses. The program will post any exchange rate gains or losses to the G/L account (the Amount field) and to the accounts you specified for gains or losses in the Realized G/L Gains Account or Realized G/L Losses Account fields in the Currency table.

Adjust Additional-Currency Amount
    If you select this option, the additional reporting currency will be adjusted for any exchange rate gains or losses. The program will post any exchange rate gains or losses to the G/L account (the Additional-Currency Amount field) and to the accounts you specified for gains or losses in the Realized G/L Gains Account or Realized G/L Losses Account fields in the Currency table.
  • Options
    Thank you > I will try to do that in test company and implement on the live database.