Configuring Developer's Toolkit with NAV 5.0 - convert DB?

dougshepard3dougshepard3 Member Posts: 8
I am trying to install and configure the Developer's Toolkit for NAV. I am running NAV 5.0 SP0. I downloaded and installed both v3.01.410 and v3.00.400. When I go to Open Database I get a warning:

The NAV_TEST database on the DEVSERVER01 server must be converted before you can use it with this version of Microsoft Dynamics NAV Classic. If you convert the database, older versions will no longer be able to open it....

What am I doing wrong? I don't want to convert my databases... The only other version of the Developer's toolkit I could find says it is only for versions up to 4.0 SP3.

Thanks

Doug

Comments

• slmaluwaslmaluwa Member Posts: 366
    hi
    I think the version you listed above supports NAV 2009 DB. That means, you have to convert the DevKit DB to NAV 2009 to work with it. But, you will be able to import all the objects into it.
    "A bove maiore discit arare minor"-"From the old ox, the young one learns to plow."
  • dougshepard3dougshepard3 Member Posts: 8
    But I don't want to convert the database. And the next oldest version the Developer's Toolkit I can find is v2.0 SP3 (build 291) which says it can't open my database because it has already been converted (it only supports up to 4.0 apparently).

So how can I get my hands on a toolkit for 5.0?

Thanks

Doug
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    But I don't want to convert the database. And the next oldest version the Developer's Toolkit I can find is v2.0 SP3 (build 291) which says it can't open my database because it has already been converted (it only supports up to 4.0 apparently).

So how can I get my hands on a toolkit for 5.0?

Thanks

Doug

Why don't you want to convert it? Are you talking about a Developer's Toolkit Database??

If so, you can recreate it any time by importing the text files.
    I don't want to affect the actually NAV database (convert anything). Is it just saying it is going to convert something locally?

Thanks

Doug
    When you use the Toolkit you create a blank database. Then you import the special Toolkit objects. Then you export your database objects in Text ad import them into the toolkit. You don't open the Productive database with the toolkit. That's the procedure described in the manual. So which database are you getting the message for? Is it the toolkit database? If so then you can delete it and recreate it. Is this the case? What exactly are you doing and receiving that message?
    Okay, so now I understand a little more (I started reading the documentation for the Developer's Tookit).

Now my problem is this... I am using Developer's Toolkit version 3.01 and it won't let me open a database I created with the NAV 5.0 client. The 2.0 version says it only supports NAV 4.1.

What am I missing here?

Thanks

Doug
    I think the DrvToolkit 3 needs a database created with Version 6 of Nav. Just download the new client and create a new database using that.
  • S0918423470S0918423470 Member Posts: 159
    "Navision Developer Toolkit Version 2.00.291 SP3 is the one made for NAV 5.0." one guy in dynamicsuser forum said that. You can try it.