Options

Open table from a form

yogifjyogifj Member Posts: 4
Hi
im a new guy in Navision.

i would like to open a custom table from a form...
e.g. Lets say from Customer Card I open a custom table, that table displays that customer number, ready to accept data...

thanks in advance...

Comments

• Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You will have to create a form for that table, and put a button or menu selection on the Customer form that opens the records in your custom table, filtered for the current Customer. Plenty of examples of how to do that from the Customer Card.
  • Options
    Hi,...

ok, so create a form....

i was required to open a table from a form and enter a new record but i guess creating a form for that purposes is the way....

thanks alot for the help 'DenSter'...

BTW, mibuso is an awesome warehouse of information....

great work...
    thanks again..
  • Options
    mohana_cse06mohana_cse06 Member Posts: 5,504
    Tables are the fundamental objects in any database. They are the objects in which you store and manipulate data. This is true no matter what kind of data you need to manage. When you create a new database, you begin by building the tables. Later, you create forms and reports in order to access and view the data in the tables.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    yogifj wrote:
    i was required to open a table from a form and enter a new record
    You can't open a table from a form, the only way to open a table directly is from the object designer. Tables are used to store data, forms and pages are used to display the data from the tables to the users.

Glad to hear you got that to work
  • Options
    Thanks everyone for your replies....

No doubt this is the place for all Nav guys to Learn, Grow and Disperse information about Navision....