Options

Biggest Question - Should we upgrade or not

mpmp Member Posts: 20
edited 2004-08-12 in Navision Financials
We have Navision 2.6.
Should we upgrade it to 3.7 ?
Users who have had experience in both versions please reply.

Comments

• Options
    navi-mannavi-man Member Posts: 12
    I would wait a litle and go directly to version 4.00.

3.70 has to many bugs.
  • Options
    pduckpduck Member Posts: 147
    but 4.0 will be a complete new program ... and before using a new program in critical parts of your company you should wait for the first patches / version-jumps i think !
  • Options
    navi-mannavi-man Member Posts: 12
    Exactly what I said :

I would WAIT A LITLE , and then go for 4.00

4.00 will be the same program , but on the new technology, and hopefully without known mistakes(stock values)

Which is reasonable solution for next few years of work.

If you take 3.70, you will be forced to migrate at 4.00, more soon that you would like it.
  • Options
    mpmp Member Posts: 20
    We need to implement bar coding solution. Seems 3.7 has the WMS/ADCS feature. Can I get the above module for 2.6 also.

regards
    MP
  • Options
    Christian_BuehlChristian_Buehl Member Posts: 145
    If you did no major changes update is really easy.
    If you did changes on your system -as I assume - be cautious. The Update from Navision 2.x to 3.x was a very big change in system. Especially the multilanguage translation, and the adaption of your old forms seem like creating them again (Its even more thrilling than to recreate, as you need to check every changed property, key and code). The code is now in english instead of local language (which can be a mess to figure out how a standard codeunit was named before).
    3.7A is very stable and hopefuly all major bugs are fixed. I expect with 4.0 a much more buggy version. If you wait too long the upgrade path may be not fully supported.
    My personal recommendation: Dont wait too long, do it now.

To be honest: The update to 3.7A took me a more then 6 months of work (partially caused by my own thumbness). The direct update to 4.x is hopefully much more easy.