Options

Autosplitkey Property can't find Key

elToritoelTorito Member Posts: 191
edited 2004-08-11 in Navision Financials
Hi,

i have a curiosly Error, wenn i would add a notice line for a customer i get an error that says me:

Autosplitkey Property can't find Key between the actual an the before record.

This Only occurs when i try insert an new line above the other lines, when i insert a new line belo the other lines, the it's okay.

We write the actual Notices upside so that when we try look it we don't must scroll

Can give me anybody a tip ?

Thanks.
(Oo)=*=(oO)

Comments

• Options
    tvandongentvandongen Member Posts: 78
    Navision calculate the line number by dividing the line number of the previous line and the current line. For example:
    First line number is 10000
    If you want to insert a line before, the second line number will be (10000+0)/2=5000.
    Will you do this another time then the third line number will be 2500

etcetra. On a certain moment there is no possibleity to create a new number and your error is occuring.

Solution. Go down one line and insert the other lines there.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You can insert 13 lines between 2 other line numbers. Navision will fail on the 14th I believe.

Well maybe the 15th :). whatever... Just create a sales order and insert a line between two existing ones, repeat and see how many lines you can insert. If your customer needs to insert an unlimited number of records, you will need to write some code to renumber the lines when a new line is inserted.
  • Options
    tvandongentvandongen Member Posts: 78
    Of course you could also create an separate (reverse) index for your form
  • Options
    elToritoelTorito Member Posts: 191
    tvandongen wrote:
    Of course you could also create an separate (reverse) index for your form

Hello and thanks for you answers. Now I see how it works,
    this occurs momemntanly at two Records, i was gone and change in the Comment Line Table der Line Numbers Manually, so that can be put other Rows above the existing.

If this occurs a lot of time then i think try create an reverse index.

regards

Piter
    (Oo)=*=(oO)