Options

Comparison between GP & NAV

krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
Hi

Does someone have any comparison matrix of features / advantages between Great Plains and Navision or Axapta?

If yes, please let me know

Venkat

Comments

• Options
    kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    U can see some of these. http://kapil4erp.wordpress.com/2009/01/ ... x-and-nav/
    Too immature this may seem but if u get any help.

But better will be if u get that from Partnersource but i wonder how MS will say which (adopted) baby is good.

Or calll some partner working in both.
    Kapil Khanna
  • Options
    Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    There's nothing official on this.

GP is more for companies that wants to adapt to the way the software does business.
    NAV is more for companies that wants the software to adapt to the way they do business.
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    krvenkata wrote:
    Hi

Does someone have any comparison matrix of features / advantages between Great Plains and Navision or Axapta?

If yes, please let me know

Venkat

Matrix could mean so many different things, that the question is un-answerable.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    krvenkatakrvenkata Member Posts: 154
    May be matrix is the wrong word. I just want the some major level differences between GP & NAV. Thats all
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    krvenkata wrote:

Sorry I must be dyslectic, some how I read this as :
    Does someone have any comparison between matrix features / advantages of Great Plains and Navision or Axapta?
    :oops:
    David Singleton
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    Actually there is a good one at http://www.technologyevaluation.com just sign up (free) and use the evaluation centres for the type of software you are looking at. It really focuses on your area of business and the questions get down to the point. Here is an example of the output
  • Options
    psidounpsidoun Member Posts: 11
    Great plains and Navision have two different philosophies; GP is more financial-oriented; Nav is logistic and warehousing- oriented.
    They both have skills weaknesses but dedicated two same target small to middle business, or branches of big corporates.

This is not a rule but it can summarized this way
    Both Great plain and Nav will not handle easily more than 100 users (scalability issue mostly end of month when closing period)

If the customer/user is looking for friendly environment with lot of integration with 3D party software, MS-CRM, MOSS2007 and company activity is related to service GP will be perfect and will provide good financials features.
    Fixed assets management is not his best feature as well as logistic. its interface is more friendly than Navision, development is on VBNET

If the customer/user wants to manage multi site inventory, logistic,warehousing shipping, NAV is one of the best. Many big corporates are using Navision and interfacing with SAP for their distribution and logistic activity. Inventory costing method might be a problem, development is under CSIDE (hard to find developper in the market).

if you have more questions please let me know
    Microsoft has its reason that the reason ignores
  • Options
    themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    I was just sitting in a breifing by Microsoft for my company, and one of the usered asked the same questions.

all the info above is pretty accurate, that other thing they said, was GP is for primarily for North American, and Navision is better if you need additional languages and countries supported. they said Navision was better for mulit-nationals
  • Options
    davmac1davmac1 Member Posts: 1,283
    I think the key is, as was pointed out by Alex in a prior comment - is do you need a customizable package.
    NAV is quite possibly the best package if you need to customize it to fit your business.

Many changes can be made quickly and simply. There are some more complicated areas to change which is why you need to define and price your changes before you buy the software.