Options

Allocate dimension when running Adjust Exchange Rate

ChikaChika Member Posts: 45
Dear All,

I tried to run report 595 - Adjust Exchange Rates. It gives me error message to insert dimension for Unrealized gain account because I set dimension mandatory for that account.

My question is, how to allocate dimension for this Unrealized gain account before running the report?

For Example:
I create dimension named "ALLOCATION" for my Unrealized gain account, which can have value like : PRODUCTION,SELLING or RETAIL.

And everytime I run report 595, I want to allocate 30% for PRODUCTION, 20 % for SELLING and 50% for RETAIL

How to do this? Please help me.

Thank you for any response.

Regards,
Chika

Comments

• Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    From your post it sounds like you want the Batch job to insert new Dimension values rather then carry over dimension values from adjusted entries

Below is the help Description of how this batch job handles Dimensions

Dimensions on Customer/Vendor Entries
    The adjustment entries are assigned the dimensions from the customer/vendor ledger entries, and the adjustments are posted per combination of dimension values.
    Dimensions on G/L Account Entries
    The adjustment entries are assigned the default dimensions from the accounts they are posted to.

What this means is that you should really be assigning the dimensions you want to the process Item Or journals that are creating the entries that will be adjusted by rport 595.

Otherwise you will need to adjust or create code to insert new dimension values.

But i think it is more correct to have the tracability from Source > adjustment rather then arbitarily assigning codes later