Options

Data Deletion

vikram7_dabasvikram7_dabas Member Posts: 611
Dear Concern
One of my Client using navision From 01/04/2008 to till Date.I want all data from 01/04/2009 to till Date.That Filtered data (Means,01/04/2009 to till Date) should be transfer in New created company(that I will create).How we can do this?Is there any Batch,If yes plzz transfer me with code.............................
Vikram Dabas
Navision Technical Consultant

Comments

• Options
    SnoopySnoopy Member Posts: 43
    I don't know, what you mean exactly by data; so there can be one solution: make a backup of the existing company and create a new database, import this fbk-file and rename the company?
  • Options
    I want to split the data( from 01/04/09 to till date)
    Vikram Dabas
  • Options
    SnoopySnoopy Member Posts: 43
    Look at the setup checklist and Function copy data. But, you have to set the filter in the code of this codeunit.
  • Options
    navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Use the Batch Job Date Compression for this :-$
    Now or Never
  • Options
    Dear subroto
    Can u plzzzzzzzzz tell me that what this "Date Compression" do?
    Vikram Dabas
  • Options
    navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Dear subroto
    Can u plzzzzzzzzz tell me that what this "Date Compression" do?

This batch job compresses the entries of ledger tables, that is, combines them so that they take up less space in the database. You can compress entries from closed fiscal years only.

The compression works by combining several old entries into one new entry. For example, G/L entries from previous fiscal years can be compressed so that there is only one credit and one debit entry per account per month. The amount in the new entry is the sum of all the compressed entries. The date assigned is the starting date for the period that is compressed, such as the first day of the month (if the entries are compressed by month). After the compression you can still see the net change for each account in the previous fiscal year.

from Microsoft Business Solution-Navision Help
    Now or Never
  • Options
    Then,If I want to retrieve the Compressed data in detail?then Can I* retrieve it?
    Vikram Dabas
  • Options
    From which PDF I can get the Detail explaination about "Data Compress".I fu have then please mail me on vikram.dabas@tridentinfo.com
    Vikram Dabas
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Vikram, what you are trying to do can not be done the way you are thinking. It's a hugely complex process to split data in this fashion. And if you need to ask this level of questions about it, then it really is not something you are ready to attempt.

The advise you have been given is wrong.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
  • Options
    byllebylle Member Posts: 47
    Hi Vikram,

Instead of "splitting" the data, you should rather be thinking of why your client wants to split the data - as David said this is a really complex process and might easily go wrong.

Think instead of alternative solutions - could this for example be solved by using a "mirror" database? A dataware house solution? etc.