Options

License Prices

NinoNino Member Posts: 9
hello Evrebody,
i want to know waht is the approximate price for the Navision, could anybody help me? I need it very much,
Thanks in advance

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    I think that it is not possible to give you some limits for the price, it depends on many things and some number can confuse you. Best is to ask some partner in your area...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    kine wrote:
    I think that it is not possible to give you some limits for the price, it depends on many things and some number can confuse you. Best is to ask some partner in your area...
    Thank you for your attention, I know that it is impossible to define the exact price for the license, it depends on many things, but I just want to know the range of the price, what is the minimum price for example, for the essential edition... anyway, thanks a lot for response
  • Options
    Still, it depends on local pricelist which can some local partner offer you... Prices here in Czech can be different.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    bluerockbluerock Member Posts: 32
    kine wrote:
    Still, it depends on local pricelist which can some local partner offer you... Prices here in Czech can be different.

How about convert it to the price in US dollar? :mrgreen:
  • Options
    Still it will be not good, because there are differences between the countries in some parts...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    NOt to mention Nino doesn't even say which country or curreny they are in :D
  • Options
    jannestig wrote:
    NOt to mention Nino doesn't even say which country or curreny they are in :D
    I did not mention my country, because I am not asking the exact rates, I just want to know the price range, what is the minimum or maximum price, in USD I will add country specific rates (i.e. taxes) myself.
    P.S. I am from Georgia :)
  • Options
    SogSog Member Posts: 1,023
    The minimumprice is about 1500 $/€ (might be less, a greater chance it will be more).
    There is no maximumprice.
    But I would recommend going to your partner, they can make you an offer based on your needs. NAV is greatly customisable, and this includes the price.
    |Pressing F1 is so much faster than opening your browser|
    |To-Increase|
  • Options
    Sog wrote:
    The minimumprice is about 1500 $/€ (might be less, a greater chance it will be more).
    There is no maximumprice.
    But I would recommend going to your partner, they can make you an offer based on your needs. NAV is greatly customisable, and this includes the price.

Great Thanks. This was the issue I was asking for :)
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    Yeah, minimum for essentials is around $2,000. Minimum for advanced about $4,000. Obviously the price can increase very quickly, but most of this is from the user base, not a-la-carte functionality.
  • Options
    A lot of thanks everybody, who responded me, your answers are very helpful for me :) (happy)
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    The lowest price I can remember a client paying for Navision was in the order of about $25,000. The most I can remember off hand was just under $4,000,000. I know there are some exceptions, and some much more expensive implementations, but from my experience, I would feel that to be a pretty safe upper lower price range for Navision.
    David Singleton
  • Options
    jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 999
    I would say one of the winners for Highest Ever would be the Gamestop Implemention, The budget for that until it was a stable base to role out to other site was amazing
  • Options
    matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    jannestig wrote:
    I would say one of the winners for Highest Ever would be the Gamestop Implemention,

Is there a bigger customer out there? Probably is, but still, licensing alone had to be close to $6,000,000 (3000 users x $2000). Plus hardware, implementation services....probably a reason they're always hiring internal NAV guys. :D
  • Options
    David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    matttrax wrote:
    jannestig wrote:
    I would say one of the winners for Highest Ever would be the Gamestop Implemention,

Is there a bigger customer out there? Probably is, but still, licensing alone had to be close to $6,000,000 (3000 users x $2000). Plus hardware, implementation services....probably a reason they're always hiring internal NAV guys. :D

I think you will find that when you buy 3,000 licenses, that you pay a lot less than $2,000 per seat. :whistle:
    David Singleton
  • Options
    vanrofivanrofi Member Posts: 272
    I don't understand how a minimum price is relevant, Nino.

The price given is a license cost. It is just an element of the total picture.
    a yearly fee, implementation costs, hardware, ... are also important.

I agree with David, that even the small implementations easily exceed the 25000€.

Can you work with the standard? no, think only of the layouts of documents (order confirmation, invoice, credit memo,...).
    There are some RIM (rapid implementation method) tools to help with conversion and setup, but a minimum of assistance is always needed, doesn't matter if 1 user or 100 user license.

So, the less users you have, the more the costs/user are.
  • Options
    idiotidiot Member Posts: 651
    I think what would be meaningful is the software license itself, the modules, no. of tables, forms, etc.
    That forms the basis & starting point.

As for maintenance, customization, implementation, etc costs, I think that comes in later.

Normally if the basis is over the budget the evaluation stops, or it helps to form an insight into the reasonable amount to be allocated for Navision.
    NAV - Norton Anti Virus

ERP Consultant (not just Navision) & Navision challenger