Options

Server, Server kinds and Server Requirements to run Navision

chanukyachanukya Member Posts: 10
Hi Folks,

Just have a situation. Hope someone could do a bit of thinking on my behalf and suggest to me a few solutions.

Present Server on which a particular General Ledger runs is AS 400. A lot of other applications interface into it, including Great Plains. All these interfaces perform various aspects of Accounting, i.e Fixed assets is not part of the General Ledger system and has to be manually fed into the GL to progress to Trial Balance. Like wise many other aspects like Payroll,Sales Ledger, Purchase Ledger. External Reporting tools are being used to derive Reports.

I am looking at Microsoft Navision to answer all the needs of the business. I am convinced that navision can offer all the support with minimal customisation. But the problem here is

Can Navision run on AS400 server?

If not
Then

What kind of servers can Navision run on?

Could someone List the kind(s) of server(s) navision can run on?

A quick response would be highly appreciated.

Thank u.

Comments

• Options
    ajayjainajayjain Member Posts: 119
    yes you can use navision with AS400
    Ajay Jain
    UK
  • Options
    Can someone list all the kinds of servers Navision can run on, please.

Thanks
  • Options
    Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
      Microsoft Windows NT (Intel) version 4.0, SP6a Microsoft Windows 2000 Microsoft Windows XP Microsoft Windows 2003 Microsoft Small Business Server® 2003 IBM AIX version 4.3.3 on IBM eServer pSeries machines IBM OS/400 version V5R2 on IBM eServer iSeries machines
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • Options
    Thanks for the info Luc van Dyck.

Chanukya
  • Options
    Neil_SwansonNeil_Swanson Member Posts: 2
    Does Navision 4.0 still have support for installing on the IBM iSeries?