Options

Slow Forms - due to FlowField

aavioaavio Member Posts: 143
Hai,
My issue is slow forms, i had same coding in sales list as well as purchase list both had almost same no of records ~3000, but purchase list is take some time to open,inbetween it shows the count box also, both the list contains very little coding, only a record count coding..what may the problem, any tips for optimization...plz... :roll:

thanks in adv... 8)
aav!o

Answers

• Options
    MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    i guess you need to choose the correct key for your record count coding, because if it is showing you a counter, that means ( most of the times ) that it has to loop through all the records by itself to count them.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,098
    You should use the client monitor to check where the problems are.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    i got the problem, its because of a flowfield which is set in the SourceTableView of the form. but with this flowfield, how can i make it fast..? :-k
    aav!o
  • Options
    aavio wrote:
    i got the problem, its because of a flowfield which is set in the SourceTableView of the form. but with this flowfield, how can i make it fast..? :-k
    Study which filters it uses (and which totals in case of a sum). Then make an index / SIFT with the correct fields in it and make sure NAV uses this new index/SIFT.
    If you post the flowfilter, we can help you define the best index/SIFT.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• Options
    Frnds,...
    i had this slow form issue in purchase list, in the purchase order form, it has sourcetableview with WHERE(Document Type=FILTER(Order),Subcontracting Order=CONST(No)) this is a default filter (not the customized one). since Subcontracting Order is flowfield, iam having this problem.

Subcontracting Order has the calcformula Exist("Purchase Line" WHERE (Document Type=CONST(Order),Document No.=FIELD(No.),Prod. Order No.=FILTER(<>''),Prod. Order Line No.=FILTER(<>0)))
    so i tried by giving a key in purchase line table "Document Type,Document No.,Prod. Order No.,Prod. Order Line No." but it seems not much change in speed. ](*,)

need your valuable suggestions. [-o<
    aav!o
  • Options
    MBergerMBerger Member Posts: 413
    Filters on flowfields are always slow, because you can't index them ( that is, the RESULT of a flowfield ). There's not a lot you can do to imrpove performance, other than finding a way to convert the flowfield to a real one ( which means you need to process the value of it yourself ).
  • Options
    If you don't have subcontracts, you can remove the filter on "Subcontracting Order=CONST(No)" from the sourcetableview.

If you have, you can define a certain numberseries to use for subcontracts (e.g. let the start with 'SCO').
    In this way you could remove the filter on "Subcontracting Order=CONST(No)" and put another filter on it. Something like "No."=FILTER(<>SCO*)
    Regards,Alain Krikilion

• Options
    kriki wrote:
    If you don't have subcontracts, you can remove the filter on "Subcontracting Order=CONST(No)" from the sourcetableview.

Thanks Kriki, our client doesnt use subcontracts, so removing it will be better... :D

Thanku all =D>
    aav!o