Order Entries

ilakilak Member Posts: 21
Hi All,

I'm just trying to understand the information tracked through Item Ledger Entry and Capacity Ledger Entry on Released and Finished Orders in Navision. What is the impact on Accounts and Inventory.

Many Thanks!

Comments

• kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    After posting the output and consumption from released order Inventory will have update on quantities in terms of output and consumption. +ve output and -ve consumption. Accounting: Dr WIP to Cr inventory A/c (Raw Material) + Cr Direct Costs Applied (Work Center) + Overhead applied. That means figure WIP = Item costs + Capacity Costs + Overhead applied

After finishing orders no impact on inventory , actually finishing production order is same as invoicing the sales or purchase docs. Accounting:- Cr WIP to Dr inventory A/c (Finished goods).

It works same as ur sale and purchase works means u have expected turned on or not , automatic cost post is turned on or not. Rules of posting are same just the diff is summation of fig (here capacities play role) and the additional posting a/cs are specific to capacity. These postings which i have specified is applicable to any costing method except standard , in case of standard u ca have variance as an addition as well.

Posting is same irrespective of ur flushing method only diff with flushing is the timing of posting. I have described here the manual process.
    Kapil Khanna