Disable copy option in a Form

iordepiordep Member Posts: 7
Hi,

I need to block the copy (Crtl-c) in a Navision 5.0 form.

The form is the Costumer List and the idea is giving the correct access to this list in our stores, but prevents the copy to other support different than Navision.

Thanks

Comments

• ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    I suggest to fire the people who you don't trust.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    ara3n wrote:
    I suggest to fire the people who you don't trust.

=D> =D> =D>
    David Singleton
  • matttraxmatttrax Member Posts: 2,309
    I agree. There is always a way around this. If someone wants the info they'll get it.

Once you disable Ctrl + C, there's Right Click --> Copy. If you get around that, there's Print Screen. Then there's the Export to Office functions (5.0 and later) and reports to be printed. Direct database connections through Excel. Restrict it enough and you'll get there, but you'll probably have a hard to use system at that point.

As was said, if you don't trust your employees, don't hire them. And get them to sign a confidentiality agreement.
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    not to mention the simple paper & pen, cell phone camera, etc.
  • DaveTDaveT Member Posts: 1,039
    ... or the low tech. solution ... just simple brain power - memory ... sorry couldn't resist :mrgreen:
    Dave Treanor

Dynamics Nav Add-ons
    http://www.simplydynamics.ie/Addons.html
  • iordepiordep Member Posts: 7
    Thanks for the help, but in fact this issue is important.

We have several stores with staff that we only saw once…when they are hired.

We sell to final costumer, and we have more than one million costumers in our database.

The stores uses Nav with pre configure Forms and permissions, so they can’t see or print nothing related to costumers. They need the costumer list, to find the correct costumer. And the Idea was only block any kind of Copy from that Form.

By the way, we have the best employees in world, but we never know!!!!!

You trust in all your friends, don’t you? But I hope that you didn’t give your house keys to all of them …..

Thanks any way…

Pedro
  • Luc_VanDyckLuc_VanDyck Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 3,633
    Or this one: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=21912 (see last message in that thread)
    No support using PM or e-mail - Please use this forum. BC TechDays 2024: 13 & 14 June 2024, Antwerp (Belgium)
  • kapamaroukapamarou Member Posts: 1,152
    And how about software that draws data from other application windows???
    :-k
  • themavethemave Member Posts: 1,058
    My thought is you can remove programs that they can paste the data into.

if this is your retail solution, and you can lock the machine down.

Un-install office, outlook, notepad, etc. if they are only using Navision, that would be a solution, figuring out all the programs that get loaded on a machine is another issue.
  • philippegirodphilippegirod Member Posts: 191
    To "block the copy (Crtl-c)"
    Not a perfect solution, just a start but it could be what you're looking for:
    (it works in Nav 4, don't know if it still works in Nav 5).

On the TableBox of the form, set property Focusable to False (No). Like that, even if the user can see the data, it is not "selectable", so copy is not allowed. Select all is authorized but the copy is not allowed.

Of course, it is just, as you asked, to "block the copy (Crtl-c)".
    Be carefull, the using of the form will be much more difficult because the user cannot select any record, it's just a view.
    My candle burns by both ends, it will not last the night,
    But oh my foes and oh my friends, it gives a lovely light
  • iordepiordep Member Posts: 7
    Savatage wrote:

This was the solution.

Many thanks