Frequency of Adjust Cost - Item Entries Batch Job

Renae_SchwabauerRenae_Schwabauer Member Posts: 2
I am fairly new to using Navision and am currently writing desk procedures for my job. I started to write the procedure for the Adjust Cost - Item Entries batch job and wanted to write something more than "the evening of the 1st day of the month, go to Financial Mgmt_Inventory_Costing_Adjust Cost Item Entries_enter date and start". I have never had the operation explained to me and after looking at the online help and forums, I believe we may need to be running it daily. When I run it monthly, it takes approximately 45 minutes and has about 8000 lines. In addition, even though we selected Automatic Cost Posting in the inventory set-up, I read something that recommends that we run the Post Inventory Cost to G/L batch job periodically also. I have not been doing this.

If someone could provide me a general explanation of the different operations that I could include in my desk procedures and a recommendation of the frequency that we should be running the batch jobs, it would be greatly appreciated. We are using Navision Version NA 4.00. Our costing method is FIFO and as mentioned earlier, we have Automatic Cost Posting enable in our set-up.

Thanks in advance!

Renae

Comments