Display data in Two Clolumns in a Report

kish2007kish2007 Member Posts: 64
Hi all,
Is it possible to display data in two columns per page in a report like i need to display the follwing order.

Item No. Name | Item No. Name
________ _____ | ________ _______
001 aaaa | 004 ddd
002 bbb | 005 eee
003 ccc | 006 fff

is this possible in Navisio4.0????

Thanks inAdvance.

Regards,
kishore...

Comments

• KYDutchieKYDutchie Member Posts: 345
    Hi,

Yes, this is possible, not easy but possible.
    What I usually do is create array variables and the dimension is the number of collumns.
    So for you that would be 2.
    You should create 2 Array variables, one for your "Item No." and one for your "Name".
    In your dataitem "OnAfterGetRecord" trigger, you load your data into the array variables.
    You also set a boolean in this trigger. This boolean controls if the new section should print.
    You set this boolean to True when 2 records have been read or if the end of the data has been reached.
    You add an integer dataitem indented to your dataitem. Set the maxiteration to '1'.
    Add your report sections to the the integer dataitem. In the OnPreSection trigger you check your boolean and if it is set to True, print the section.
    In your section you add the the array variables with their index numbers, like ItemNo[1], ItemName[1] and ItemNo[2], ItemName[2].

This should do the trick,

I hope this helps,

Regards,

Willy
    Fostering a homeless, abused child is the hardest yet most rewarding thing I have ever done.
  • kish2007kish2007 Member Posts: 64
    Thanks willy.

I will try with ur suggestion.

Thanks.

Regards,
    kishore.