Small bug in CU90 in Nav 5 - solution

imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
I recently came across an error at a clients. When you create a purchase invoice and import lines from delivery receipts you can get an error due to a mismatch in field sizes.

The error occurs in CU90 line 3004. Its a subroutine which contains a line
OrderNo := PurchRecptLine."Order No.";
The problem is that "Order No." is 20 chars long and OrderNo, a local variable, is only 10. Obviously, you need to modify the local variable and increase it to 20 as well.

I don't know if there is a Kb on the subject or not but the solution is simple.

Ian

Comments

• David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    What version is this?
    David Singleton
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    It is still there means 2009 too has it. But thanx for the update man.
    Kapil Khanna
  • matteo_montanarimatteo_montanari Member Posts: 189
    imurphy wrote:
    I recently came across an error at a clients. When you create a purchase invoice and import lines from delivery receipts you can get an error due to a mismatch in field sizes.

The error occurs in CU90 line 3004. Its a subroutine which contains a line
    OrderNo := PurchRecptLine."Order No.";

The problem is that "Order No." is 20 chars long and OrderNo, a local variable, is only 10. Obviously, you need to modify the local variable and increase it to 20 as well.

I don't know if there is a Kb on the subject or not but the solution is simple.

Ian

Confirmed on Nav2009

On Function

TestGetRcptPPmtAmtToDeduct(PurchHeader : Record "Purchase Header";PurchLine : Record "Purchase Line")

Matteo
    Reno Sistemi Navision Developer
  • Alex_ChowAlex_Chow Member Posts: 5,063
    This error should be reported to Microsoft via customersource or partnersource.
  • imurphyimurphy Member Posts: 308
    I found this on a client who I upgraded to Nav 5.0 sp1. The line doesn't seem to be present in pre-sp1 code which we are still using internally so I assume this is a bug introduced in the service pack.

Ian
  • ara3nara3n Member Posts: 9,256
    This has been fixed in 2009 Sp1.
    Ahmed Rashed Amini
    Independent Consultant/Developer

blog: https://dynamicsuser.net/nav/b/ara3n