List in Form

sabzamsabzam Member Posts: 1,149
Hi,

I have created a new table to whcih I have created a list and a card. I want to get the lsit when I press F6 in the card but for some reason uit is not cropping up. Anyone has got any idea why this is happening?? I have already set the lookup form in the Table Properties. The issue is that if I press the button the list comes up but not when I press the function key. Should I enable it in some way or antoehr?

Comments

• BeliasBelias Member Posts: 2,998
    edited 2009-05-26
    The function key for (*lookup* EDIT: List :mrgreen: ) is F5...if you mean the lookup arrow in the top of the screen
    -Mirko-
    "Never memorize what you can easily find in a book".....Or Mibuso
    My Blog
  • David_SingletonDavid_Singleton Member Posts: 5,479
    Belias wrote:
    The function key for lookup is F5...if you mean the lookup arrow in the top of the screen

Sabzam, I think Belias is correct, you are confusing Lookup (F6) and List (F5).
    David Singleton
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    So to elaborate just a little bit:
    F6 is for Lookup in a foreign key situation, for instance the "Item No." field has a foreign key into the Item table, and to get a list of Items from another table is F6. When you have the table's primary key as a foreign key in another table, and you click on the lookup button (or when you press F6, that will happen without any additional development), the form that is defined in the "LookupFormID" table property will open in lookup mode. As soon as you define this form in the "LookupFormID" property, F6 will work from any table that you have a table relationship with.

F5 is to look up a record in the same table, so you're on the Item Card, and you want to select an Item from the List, for this you use F5. This will never work automatically however. You have to assign the shortcut key to a selection on a menubutton on the form. Take for instance the Item Card (form 30). Open this form in design mode, and open the Menu Items of the Item button. The top selection is called "List", the action is "LookupTable", and the shortcut is defined as F5. Setting it to LookupTable will make the system automatically use the same form that is defined in the "LookupFormID" property in the table, but on the form you have to define the action yourself.

Good luck :mrgreen: