Capturing cost of water in manufacturing process

Nav_consultantNav_consultant Member Posts: 3
My client wants to record a cost for water used in their production process but do not want to set it up as a stock item (or by extension, to include it in the Production BOM). What are the options for acheiving this?
Thanks in advance.

Answers

• jannestigjannestig Member Posts: 1,000
    Set it up as a resource
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Resource will be applicable if they r using Kitting and will be part of Kitting Bom.

In this case u can have it just by keeping indirect cost % or amount on the work center or on item if only cost record is asked for.

But if u doing this u will have to certain about the expense booked (cost of water) per item or per run time of capacity.
    Kapil Khanna
    Sorry I have been merging in kitting module allday.

One other way to do this is to setup a dummy work Centre and set it up as Water
    Set up an appropriate UOM and change costing from time to units you can then add this "work station" to your routing or consumption Journal and it will record your cost incurred
    with the unit of meausre for the water.

This has been done at a few clients Sites where they had the same requirement of using and article they didn't want to record as component item etc EG i BUY toilet rolls but i can't be bother to count happy sheets are used each time

I am assuming you are not in chemical manufacturing or actually buy in the water ?

Working out specific gravity for a chemical is not the most fun mod i have ever done :)
  • kapil4dynamicskapil4dynamics Member Posts: 591
    Sorry I have been merging in kitting module allday.

That is fine , this is sign of overwork on some part :mrgreen: . Even i forgot the part which u mentioned as i am over involved with indirect cost in 3 projects of mine. Users have put in wrong etc etc ](*,) . But any out of these two resolutions is Nav_consultant can do without customizing.
    Kapil Khanna
  • Nav_consultantNav_consultant Member Posts: 3
    Thanks everyone. Looks like the dummy work centre is the solution i was looking for.
    Yeah my solution wins :D